Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I would love it if they had more Knuckleduster like songs.........I think that song would have been my fav if it had been on AYDY. I just love the feel that song has to it.

That song was too experimental to be included on the album (plus they wanted something exclusive for the EP.) One of my favourites too and shame they don't play it live just because the average crowd doesn't recognize it. They used to halt before the second pre-chorus to cheer up the crowd and then Roope starts that riff... Never got to see it myself.

I remember AYDY was released 5 days earlier in Finland so I got to hear it and was disappointed to tell they didn't remake Trashed, but was too stupid by the time to realize they couldn't make it better in that session.

I'm pretty coinfident that they will release a kick ass album.....they haven't let me down yet.

Yeah, it's gotta have at least a few really kickass songs.

I don't know what it is but I love his guitar tone on Knuckleduster....I know its supposed to be same set up as AYDY, but it just seems to have more bite to it or something. That open C chord right after the C# pull off at the start just gives me goose bumps.

That is my fav CoB tone! It'z the BrootZ!!

I don't really care for Knuckleduster, it sounds like "Blooddrunk album" material to me. The Hatebreeder album was Bodom at it's best in my opinion.

In my opinion Knuckleduster is the best song that came after HCDR. Only thing that disturbs me are the vocals in verse. They remind me of Sepultura song Roots Bloody Roots.

In my opinion Knuckleduster is the best song that came after HCDR. Only thing that disturbs me are the vocals in verse. They remind me of Sepultura song Roots Bloody Roots.

fucking yes, i don't get why they haven't re-recorded knuckleduster; that song was pretty unique and really catchy and great. it'd make a great bonus track at least for an upcoming album redone and seeing it live would be great.

OMG, I hadn't even listened to that song before. New material jizzing time for me :p

Edit: Good song, catchy. Is there anything else I might have missed? Like something not on any of the main albums...

Yea, but thats on AYDY, Knuckleduster was never released on a full length album.

Also, the cover of Bed of Nails that is on it is good as well, but is not on the US version of Skeletons in the Closet.

Come to think of it, i want to know how people would feel if COB got faster, thrashier, and darker on the new album? All the while adding more atmosphere with the keys, adding some classic Something Wild black metal rawness and giving Roope more time to shred? Would the fans like this?

I surly would love it. Not only would they evolve into another direction, but they would retain some of the classic dark atmosphere as well. It would take them farther from the stagnant chuga chuga riffage, and up the technical prowess of the band. Perhaps this could open the door to revert to the neo classical times in the future?

Come to think of it, i want to know how people would feel if COB got faster, thrashier, and darker on the new album? All the while adding more atmosphere with the keys, adding some classic Something Wild black metal rawness and giving Roope more time to shred? Would the fans like this?

I don't think that COB becoming "trashier" would really sound good. New stuff already is quite "trashy" compared to old albums, and trash metal with keyboards just doesn't work.

Becoming darker and more black metal-esque on the other hand would definitely be great, though I'm not really sure if Alexi's vocals are up to the task anymore. Of course trying to sound like their old albums wouldn't necessarily be a good idea, but having a little more black metal vibe and classical stuff in their music would be awesome.

And while it would be cool to have Roope shred more, I would prefer him to play fast lick's and riffs rather than solos, since his solos on Sinergy, Stone and COB are usually very boring. Except for a few good ones, they don't have much melody or anything interesting.

I don't think that COB becoming "trashier" would really sound good. New stuff already is quite "trashy" compared to old albums, and trash metal with keyboards just doesn't work.

This is just my feeling but I think they're definitely going to make their most "rock" album to date (why else would they take that rock guru to the studio) - while (on the contrary) 92% of their fans want more of the atmosphere thing, so it will be interesting.

I don't know because they keep it secret this time! The worst they could do is stop being creative and just making thrash shit. It's not hard to be creative, just listen to the blue and green album and some Hypocrisy to see how it's done, and throw the thrash CD's out the window...

This time I'm not having my hopes as high as with Blooddrunk because that time they were making announcements all the time about the album telling how damn good it is, and how it's fast and aggressive and progressive etc and they're very happy with it. This time nothing. We can only hope they managed to get some good songs together and became passionate about it.

Becoming darker and more black metal-esque on the other hand would definitely be great, though I'm not really sure if Alexi's vocals are up to the task anymore. Of course trying to sound like their old albums wouldn't necessarily be a good idea, but having a little more black metal vibe and classical stuff in their music would be awesome.

I never understood from Jaska's comment that 'dark' means black metal direction. Alexi can't sing like that anymore I think. I don't know what they're gonna do. I just want kickass riffs, keyboards and music that sounds interesting and cool, I don't want them to make any of the albums again.

Problem with Blooddrunk was the keyboard parts were the highlights of the album and they weren't too many. The riffs were fairly boring. So hopefully this time there's more interesting riffs.

And while it would be cool to have Roope shred more, I would prefer him to play fast lick's and riffs rather than solos, since his solos on Sinergy, Stone and COB are usually very boring. Except for a few good ones, they don't have much melody or anything interesting.

As long as Alexi writes the solo I don't care who plays it.

I think next week they're recording the drums, maybe they'll let us know something interesting soon.

Joonas hit it on the head with this statement:

I just want kickass riffs, keyboards and music that sounds interesting and cool, I don't want them to make any of the albums again.

I don't care what direction they go in as long as everything above happens.

Everyone is always make it like this album or make it like that album. Why on Earth would you want them to release an album that sounds like something they have already done? That is usually what gets fans bored with a band.

I love hearing the progression with CoB. Put in all cds in order and you can just hear them get tighter as a group and the sound just gets heavier and heavier, and I think that is the direction they will keep moving in. A heavy direction. I really doubt we will get any black metal or classical stuff out of them again.

I'm glad they dont talk about the album. I want to hear about it when the first single is going to be released. Usually, when bands talk about their new stuf, it's always about how creative, inspiring it is, that it's their "best album so far", that they're proud and worked better as a group etc... And also stuff such as : great melodies, industrial/black/trash/heavy/whatever vibe into it or into this specific song etc...

I'm glad they dont talk about the album. I want to hear about it when the first single is going to be released. Usually, when bands talk about their new stuf, it's always about how creative, inspiring it is, that it's their "best album so far", that they're proud and worked better as a group etc... And also stuff such as : great melodies, industrial/black/trash/heavy/whatever vibe into it or into this specific song etc...

Usually if a band gives comment on an album that's on works, it's always their best album, I think that's on the contract also... And if no comments, then maybe it's not so good. The worst thing a band could do would be to publicly say you know, our new material is not that great, there's a few good songs but the rest is meh.. Actually it's good they're not talking about it, so we don't know exactly what to expect 8 months before it comes out. I'd rather just have the CD at my hands before knowing anything, but I know I can't wait.

Usually if a band gives comment on an album that's on works, it's always their best album, I think that's on the contract also... And if no comments, then maybe it's not so good. The worst thing a band could do would be to publicly say you know, our new material is not that great, there's a few good songs but the rest is meh.. Actually it's good they're not talking about it, so we don't know exactly what to expect 8 months before it comes out. I'd rather just have the CD at my hands before knowing anything, but I know I can't wait.

Tbh I think that when you are working on a new album, you feel it's the best one you've done to date, due to working so close on the material for so long time.

Yeah and what you're doing currently is what you currently enjoy. But all the other band members think so too. After AYDY came out they said the same about AYDY. But when Blooddrunk was coming out they "confessed" AYDY was their worst effort considering the cumulative level of experience.

Drums for the first few songs should be completed by now. Can't wait to hear what they think about it. It seems relatively relaxed; the guys are swimming in the lake and everything. It's weird how it seems they're not in panic with the album, yet they're keeping things totally secret.

From COB, Facebook:

"Drums are being tracked right now. Jaska did yesterday two tracks, and is doing today some more. By weekend we might have all the drums recorded. Good stuff.
-Henkka"