Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

What Im hoping for is some melody, and some heavy. I want songs that have some flow to them, but will also catch you off guard with some intense solo, or some epic riffage. From the drums I want some intense double kicks with some crazy fills to make it even better. From the guitars, I want some heavy riffs, crazy solos, and not much chords. I find with chords all the time, its just the same notes with a different sound...you get me? From the keyboards, I want some great melodies, and some atmospheric notes that will send shivers down my spine. From the vocals I want the same harsh higher growls that we all love, and maybe the odd high scream, lyrically, I want a song to think about, lyrics that aren't just exactly what they say. All this is what I want, to me its the perfect album, will we get it? I sure as hell hope so.
P.S. I want a Alexi vs. Janne vs. Roope solo off...wouldnt that be amazing?

ANyone who hasn't heard Blotted Science should give them a listen.

I just found out about them so I'm spreading the word.

What do you mean the new Bodom? It's all the same members besides Roope, and I doubt it is because of him that the music has changed a bit.

IMO, the new Bodom is more aggressive and "In Your Face"...had to do it. I love playing the old stuff on guitar a lot, but I get bored listening to it...more so than the new stuff....maybe its just because i've heard the old stuff sooooo much now.

Blotted Science has sticked with me for some time. Just Awesome. And yeah Behold... The Arctopus :rofl:

Likely to be out around April like last time.. so by the time it would be 3 years after Blooddrunk. This is no time to start actually waiting for the album yet; there's the summer and after that a looong Finnish winter ahead, but I like this period when bits of information will start falling little by little.. which shouldn't be too far away.

In that finnish interview, I guess.

Estonian and finnish are quite similar languages, but I couldn't understand a single fucking word Janne or those interviewers said.

7/19/10
I'll be taking off for Finland on Monday to start the Children Of Bodom record.
I'll be in Helsinki working with Children Of Bodom. We'll be in the studio for August-September.

(Matt Hyde)

So he'll start messing around with the album 2 weeks in advance.

I'm really hoping they keep the keyboards as at least a background thing; my band is sort of going into the realm of thrash with keyboards (cob and other gothenburg bands are a huge influence so it's on 2 tracks of our new EP but will be more on our album) and it does sound pretty sick and add some serious atmosphere. I'd even be happy with background style keyboards and then the duel guitar/keyboard leads, as long as there's something during the different parts even if it's as simple as janne holding a root chord on a section to add a level of depth. Hopefully their producer really listened to their stuff and see's what they've done before and how they're advancing instead of just jumping in and using his formula.

And for K-Man if you're reading this, there's a thread titled Janne and the next COB album, with a poll about whether fans want more of those keyboard elements or less, you might want to check the results at least.

..it does sound pretty sick and add some serious atmosphere. I'd even be happy with background style keyboards and then the duel guitar/keyboard leads, as long as there's something during the different parts even if it's as simple as janne holding a root chord on a section to add a level of depth. Hopefully their producer really listened to their stuff and see's what they've done before and how they're advancing instead of just jumping in and using his formula.

+1

Just gave a spin to Blooddrunk this morning (except for Smilex, Done and RKM which aren't my favourites) and damn, if they can make that again (or even top it) no reason why it wouldn't be a kickass album. Jaska's statement "hopefully it's gonna be something darker" sounds quite weird as Blooddrunk already is a pretty dark album. But of course Trashed and Knuckleduster were even darker, and a part of AYDY. At least we should be in for a few pretty cool songs. I love waiting just as much as I hate it.

I would love it if they had more Knuckleduster like songs.........I think that song would have been my fav if it had been on AYDY. I just love the feel that song has to it.

I'm pretty coinfident that they will release a kick ass album.....they haven't let me down yet.