Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I'm not laughing at this because i feel that this will be the sad truth.

I'm afraid of that too. It's "in the air."

I think this is when they should put in a lot of atmospheric keyboard backgrounds in the music to gain back more of that distinct Bodom feel. And when there's no mention of Janne doing his part, it stinks like he doesn't have a very big role to pull out in the songs. So he'll be totally wasted on tours!

As for all the innecessary yapping we're being accused of... its still gonna be better than any of us could ever make.

Last night I had a dream: I was drinking with Henkka, Janne and Alexi in a bar, and decided to ask Alexi details about the album. I was having a smoke with him and he told me it's gonna be really cool shit, definitely heavy, but dark and brutal like Hatebreeder and atmospheric like Follow the Reaper, and have their best melodies ever. He seemed really enthusiastic, but talked quiet because it was still secret. Next I was gonna tell Henkka they have to make a cover artwork of a snow-covered Lake Bodom (as he was the one who helped in making the Blooddrunk artwork) but he wasn't around. I keep having these weird dreams. Last time Henkka was doing a backflip jump on a motocross in their studio, wtf.

Joonas i think you and your dream...i mean,it's so weird but i do hope they'll come true.
Damn Hatebreeder mixed with Follow the reaper,that would really be the best one ever.

Joonas's dream might have had a point to it. The album cover might in fact be white, because they haven't made one in that colour yet and it's the most logical one to take besides another green or blue album.

Or it may be pink, who knows.

Joonas's dream might have had a point to it. The album cover might in fact be white, because they haven't made one in that colour yet and it's the most logical one to take besides another green or blue album.

Or it may be pink, who knows.

As long as the music is good I'm happy, but I would rather worship an album with a stylish artwork to put on my wall. I actually have a bet going on for a Koskenkorva bottle on the colour :D

The artwork depends on how the music sounds like, too. They can't really determine it beforehand.

Same here. I've always felt a strong connection between the album artwork and the actual music on there.

Like Follow the Reaper is very cold, roomy and atmospheric.
Hatebreeder is summery and fresh. Very suitable to listen while at a lake on a summer night :D

Probably sounds like bullshit to some, but that's the way I see it.

Damn.. I can't fucking wait to hear a new single already :p

Same here. I've always felt a strong connection between the album artwork and the actual music on there.

Like Follow the Reaper is very cold, roomy and atmospheric.
Hatebreeder is summery and fresh. Very suitable to listen while at a lake on a summer night :D

Probably sounds like bullshit to some, but that's the way I see it.

Damn.. I can't fucking wait to hear a new single already :p

No it's the absolute truth. A lot of bands like the artwork to reflect the spirit of the music. COB has done this quite accurately. Something Wild has a dry, doomy and ancient artwork which represents the music quite well. Hatebreeder is full of this mysterious and venomous feel and the artwork just nails it. Follow the Reaper is a cold, atmospheric album and so is the artwork. Hatecrew Deathroll changes into a heavy, ruthless and brutal style. T,L&S artwork catches the idea very well. AYDY artwork captures the immense heaviness yet mysterious feel. Blooddrunk is quite straightforward brutal music with a moment of surprise here and there, I liked it when you looked at the artwork and it took some time to actually see what's in it.

Personally I'd like them to make another one in the style of the first 3 artworks, a snow white Lake Bodom with a black Reaper for contrast... With heavy guitars and moody synthesizer backgrounds it would work. But if they're about to further scrap away the emotion then maybe not a good idea. But that's what they're all about: Lake Bodom, children of the north, the Reaper.. it would be natural. It would also SELL. But maybe they're not even interested in the whole Bodom thing anymore, I don't know.

Since the band merchandise shirts have such horrible designs I'm not holding my breath. The band lacks a professional stylist in some areas I think. What they need is a black metal producer and some Japanese visionist working together.

Thats something that doesnt exist.

I mean someone who's worked with black metal projects and is enthusiastic about that style of metal. At least he would not mute the string backgrounds if nothing else.. I'm extremely worried a guy who's in deep touch with Slayer will encourage the band to step further into that direction.

Slayer of Bodom... It would be quite sad to see COB transform into a pure garbage... But well who knows maybe the album will be good.

Slayer of Bodom... It would be quite sad to see COB transform into a pure garbage... But well who knows maybe the album will be good.

All we know is they're gonna stay really heavy and have some nice riffs and maybe go darker, and have Matt Hyde as producer. Nothing else has been said. Can't wait to hear news.. And when you think about it, Alexi has turned certain other bands' ideas into something much better, so why not Slayer.

Jyrki from The 69 Eyes had the following to say about Matt Hyde:

It was time to move forward again so we came up to the idea to update our sound once again and we got Matt Hyde, that he could be the perfect guy for it. Matt Hyde has been producing for bands like Slayer and Monster Magnet and his background is based on the classic rock sound, like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and Steppenwolf and bands like that. On the other hand, he also really loves and understands Gothic rock. (I disagree, you only have to hear the album...)

He was perfect and wanted us to ROCK more than ever, and he wanted us to make our sound more aggressive and more in-your-face. The new record is going to be really tight, less elements like keyboards and orchestrations or backing vocal choirs like we had before. It’s a more in-your-face, dirty, goth’n'roll album. It’s really powerful.

I gotta tell you this sounds fucking scary.

I don't know why you guys are so upset that Cob is collaborating with Slayers producer? Is Slayer not one of the biggest most recognized bands...in the world? Maybe that is somthing CoB is shooting for. They want to be bigger as a whole and maybe this guy can help.

But Slayer is playing a completely different genre.

I also don't really like how CoB is getting so popular as it's harder and harder to see them live in a smaller club which I always prefer, but that way they can actually make a living out of what they love to do and that is a good thing.

When they change their music so that everything they stood for disappears, I'm going to be disappointed. There is nothing I can do about it, but I will be sad.
I just hope that Janne steps up for his rights. Along with the rest of the band.

That their style has become more thrashy is a (sad) fact, but I hope they still maintain some of the unique Bodom metal that no-one ever duplicated, nor ever will duplicate.

I don't know why you guys are so upset that Cob is collaborating with Slayers producer? Is Slayer not one of the biggest most recognized bands...in the world? Maybe that is somthing CoB is shooting for. They want to be bigger as a whole and maybe this guy can help.

That is something we guys understand, and are afraid of. Maybe they started to think keyboards are gay, or maybe this is their second-to-last album and they want to make good money now that the iron they've been warming up all their lives is hot. It's either or. I wonder which one is the reason. Both? Or just evolving of music by accident.

(If all you want is to be big, then you should do that Lady Gaga crap or something.)

All I know is I can't think of any bands who have put out a cd later in their carrer that was similar to a cd they made early on.

So I don't expect this new one to sound anything like their old material. I really get this feeling that it will be basically a thrash album, but in a CoB kind of way. Which is fine by me....I love the old and I love the new. I just want to hear something already so I can just quit wondering.

Also, what band doesn't want to make it big...seriously. I know i would love to make it big, but the Lady gaga route???? Ewww!! She is so gross. I'm not gay, but damn, Alexi looks better than her. She's like this ugly Madonna want-to-be or something.

I guess all we can hope for is a well written album, with good tunes. Whatever they do I am sure it will be 10x better than most of the music that has been released recently.

yeah... idont love the new bodom though i like it, ive started to think arch enemy is my favourite band now, that sends shivers down my spine

ANyone who hasn't heard Blotted Science should give them a listen.

I just found out about them so I'm spreading the word.

What do you mean the new Bodom? It's all the same members besides Roope, and I doubt it is because of him that the music has changed a bit.

IMO, the new Bodom is more aggressive and "In Your Face"...had to do it. I love playing the old stuff on guitar a lot, but I get bored listening to it...more so than the new stuff....maybe its just because i've heard the old stuff sooooo much now.

Haha, I hope they went back to the style they played during hatebreeder and something wild....better vocals and classical inspired music..