Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

When was the Release date going to be again?
Henkka said in the audio interview that he thought it was going to be 7th of March, if he was correct. It's later than I expected definitely, was expecting a late January or early February :p But hey, it could be even worse, so I'm not complaining.

Yeah I also hoped for it to be earlier, cause they've said the recording is finished and all that. But the more time they take, the better I guess. They have to polish it untill they think it's ready. But umm who knows I might be wrong. If it's the same deal as Blooddrunk then maybe not for the better. :lol:

I don't get why it's so late.
The recording is done. Say 1 month of mixing and mastering during the tour which is already really long.
Then the label advertises the album for 3-4 months. And by then it's January/February.
Okay, the release date is early March and know it's late September but it is still a long way away.
I still hope for a single within a month after the tour. So around late november/early December.

Maybe some other famous bands release albums around Jan-Feb.
Might be. Sonic Syndicates new album was done in like February 2010, and it had a release date of 28th May, but then Nuclear Blast pushed it back to 27th August instead..kinda sucked. So I still think it's not a SUCH late release date.. it's ''only'' 5months. We'll get updates and cool shit now and then as well.

As far as I can see, Spinefarm doesn't have another (big) band with a release around that time.

But I guess they just want to get more money out of a single or something. We'll just have to wait. At least it's possible to do a huge headlining tour(March/April/May) before the festivals begin.

Hell yea!

Someones on the same page as me. Couldn't have said it better man.

Hailz! \m/\m/ :kickass:

160 days more of speculation, yeah right. I end that right here and wait for facts.

:OMG:

[Kidding, Joonas. Okay, not really, but sort of but no but yeah...]

I don't get why it's so late.

I'm impatient, too, my friend.

Some perspective for this thread: With the release of the next album, COB will have given us 7 full-length studio albums in nearly 15 years [fuck me dead and bury me pregnant, that's bad-ass], which breaks down to roughly 1 every 2 years or so. That doesn't include EPs, singles, DVDs, tours, what have you. That sort of prolific output is nearly unheard of.

We COB fans are very, VERY spoiled, and bless this band for that. :kickass:

Some random forum:

MtlNrs writes:

We met Roope and Alexi in a pub before the show in Vancouver on wednesday night and Roope said that they had been in Vancouver for few weeks mixing the album and it should ready soon... Sep 25, 2010

I still tell you it's 100% sure Alexi's trip down the bunk will have something to do with the album, whether it's one song or if it inspires the whole theme. It must've been one of the most amazing and vicious feelings he's had, being in front of thousands of metal heads with responsibility to produce a rock show for them, and having to explain the injury and try to play and sing the tracks. Not sure if it was this particular day the shoulder and lungs gave out.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146922

This is the Alexi interview with full metal jackie. Alexi says that the new album is more guitar riff oriented and has more black metal-ish stuff in it :). He also says with a slight laugh that it is gonna be "very satanic". He said the album will probably be out Feb/March. Really cool interview and it for sure made me more excited for the album! Also at the end the song titles 'not my funeral' and 'miss suicide' are revealed.

Awesome first post man.

Not My Funeral
Miss Suicide

Cool song titles. The interviewer (sounds sexy as hell btw) really had to try to get the titles from Alexi, he felt resistant about revealing any. Maybe the other one is inspired by Alexi having to endure that tour injured last year, and the other by his stuff with the pills and booze over ten years ago.

As for the guitar riff orientation, that was to be expected because of Matt Hyde. Black-metalish stuff and "very satanic" on the other hand sound nice. As long as the riffs kick ass and they use keys for the black metal vibes it could be an exciting and dark album.

My first reaction: those song title sound like something from your average emo band.
I somehow hope he was fooling with us here. Sure, it might be getting used to them, but right now I hate them.

The music related info sounds a lot more interesting. I'm not a huge black metal fan, but I do love me some black metal influences which kinda reminds me of the good old days.
More guitar riff oriented; no surprise. But as long as the Bodom sound is still noticebaly in there (enough guitar/keyboard solos. Hoping for a guitar/keyboard battle kinda thing) it will be fine.

All this satanic crap is stupid though. Simply because it doesn't fit their image. What's next? Corpse paint? It will be hilarious though..

EDIT: also, why it isn't working for Firefox but is working for Chrome, no idea

The names say nothing about how the song might sound like or what band it's from. Angels Don't Kill might just be another emo band for all a random person might know, but we all know it's an awesome and atmospheric song.
Try and keep wild accusations out of here. I'm pretty sure anything said about these two songs so far is so far off, that you'll laugh your faces off when the album is released and read 'em again.

As for the black metal and satanic stuff... Well, I'm interested to see what they can do in the vocal apartment. Hearing Alexi scream like on the first three albums would be cool, but is impossible. Also black metal is mostly just fast playing, but otherwise simple. It's not what I'd expect from CoB though, but we already know it sounds cool from CoBtv3

I don't expect them to write anything about Satan worship, maybe it says more about the spirit. And for me those song titles are cool especially when they come from the composer's first hand experience. It's a different thing when emo bands write about shit they've never experienced in reality. Alexi has perfect right to name his songs that way but that's just the way I see it. Don't expect either of those to be the album title tho as that will probably be revealed more exclusively/separately.

'Miss Suicide' means failed attempt at suicide. I guess you thought it implies to a 'teen girl slitting wrists'. :lol: In that case yes it would be emo. Miss suicide is the worst thing that can happen to anyone, you try to end your life but end up being paralyzed, but I guess that's too emo for your diamond hard ass.

We're not gonna start doing that emo shit, ha ha ha!

You can name your song whatever you like as long as the song itself stands up to it, imo. If I heard the most sick heavy metal piece ever I wouldn't stop listening to it if it was about yellow roses.

Of course you can refuse a proper argumentation and just take the backdoor = disagree.