Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

They can call the song "eat my dick" for all I care, as long as it grooves and sounds heavy. And I think what he means by "satanic" is that it will just be an evil sounding album. Very dark, very meldoic, very heavy.....which will make me very happy.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about the song titles either, but I'm just saying that to me at this point it doesn't have 'it'.
then again, when Blooddruck was revealed as the album title, I was shitting myself with laughter but it grew on me and now I think it's the best title that this album could have.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146922

This is the Alexi interview with full metal jackie. Alexi says that the new album is more guitar riff oriented and has more black metal-ish stuff in it :). He also says with a slight laugh that it is gonna be "very satanic". He said the album will probably be out Feb/March. Really cool interview and it for sure made me more excited for the album! Also at the end the song titles 'not my funeral' and 'miss suicide' are revealed.

Wow, sounds like this album might even be good. Obviously this "satanic" thing is more or less a joke, but it probably hints that the album is gonna be darker and more atmospheric than previous albums. I hope they don't ruin this album with that shitty pseudo-trash bullshit from AYDY and BD.

Let's see, even before I listen to it I'm getting the feeling that most of you are taking Alexi's comments way too serious. The satanic thing is just joking around, they're not gonna start writting satanic lyrics and wearing corpsepaint and none of that crap, it just means that, that the album will probably be meaner and darker. As far as the songtitles go, I find them cool. It's the same than when Smile Pretty For The Devil title was revealed, everybody was like "aw fuck what a shit songtitle", and it's not at all.

That said, on to listening :)

Let's see, even before I listen to it I'm getting the feeling that most of you are taking Alexi's comments way too serious. The satanic thing is just joking around, they're not gonna start writting satanic lyrics and wearing corpsepaint and none of that crap, it just means that, that the album will probably be meaner and darker. As far as the songtitles go, I find them cool. It's the same than when Smile Pretty For The Devil title was revealed, everybody was like "aw fuck what a shit songtitle", and it's not at all.

Yup. Like I said Allu has every fucking right for those song titles.

If anyone is still puzzled at Alexi's reticence to reveal song titles, observe the last 10 or so comments in this thread.

:lol: Yeah. But there's always someone complaining. I like the song titles, hope I like the music too.

That said, on to listening :)

Exactly. And like Joonas said, you can't say that and also turn a blind eye to previous Bodom song titles. What about "One Day You Will Cry" and "Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood"? Or if you even want to go older, "Everytime I Die", "Bed of Razors" and "Touch like Angel of Death".

I gotta be honest the song titles sound dumb but as earlier said, titles have never been much of an important part of the songs. I'm more excited because guitar driven, evil and dark sounding (which both jaska and alexi have said now) plus the small portions of riffs we saw in COBTV lead me to believe this is going to be a really technical and heavy album yet atmospheric at the same time. For once I feel like their hype could be true, I try not to anticipate stuff thats super far away but fuck I can't help it now! I feel like Joonas!

Exactly. And like Joonas said, you can't say that and also turn a blind eye to previous Bodom song titles. What about "One Day You Will Cry" and "Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood"? Or if you even want to go older, "Everytime I Die", "Bed of Razors" and "Touch like Angel of Death".

I think they're awesome, xept for "Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood"

I am here and now joining the people who say the song names are not VERY important. Wait until you hear something

^That's actually true.. Slit My Wrists, Die My Bride, Murder In Hollywood.. luckily COB's credibility is an ounce higher.

Could somebody plz give me a short summary about any new album details? Have never spent any time in this thread yet. I've read something about song names? Any other facts (real facts, not Joonas' facts)?

-It'll be "very satanic"
-More guitar riff oriented
-release date 7 March
-Two song titles give by Alexi: Miss Suicide and Not My Funeral

I think that's about it.

Alexi Laiho has generally said that this album gonna be more dark ... he also gave us two title "Miss sucide and Not my funeral" ( they're not gonna play any emo things )
I also read he's gonna play solo more like slash , something like you can sing over , ( he said this album gonna be heavy heavy )... you know there is lot a fact but anyway wait and see ( hear? ) :cry:

Sorry for my english :D