Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Yeah, everyone who is British, Irish, American, South African, Australian or Kiwi. Ask any Finn what relentless or reckless means, I doubt you get an answer.
I have to be honest: I have never heard one of those words before neither have I read them anywhere. Sad but true. Thx interwebz for free dictionaries.

Edit: This thread is now about Reckless Love and Salatut Elämät (whatever that means)

The title is a nightmare for other than native English speakers, but I think there's a catch: it's like Latin; no-one knows what it means but it "rhymes" on the tongue.

Even to a native English speaker, this title does sounds rather awkward, as though the words have been chosen at random from a dictionary or thesaurus, by someone not very fluent in the English language, and then clumsily strung together. But of course this can hardly be said of Alexi, whose grasp and use of the language (at least verbally) is excellent, even extending to the confident use of slang and idioms. (His lyric-writing skills are somewhat less developed, and I remember once reading that he would write with a dictionary to hand.) I guess, then, that he has his own reasons for choosing these particular words, and putting them in this order, and no doubt, once the promo activities for the new album kick in, there'll be a whole host of interviews where he'll be asked, "what exactly does the album title mean?".

I'm quite sure Alexi was not sober when he came up with this title. I can imagine the guys going to the lakeside during studio to get severely drunk and invent a name for the album, then coming up with this with Mr. Hyde's help because none of the Finnish guys would know these terms.. it's gonna be entertaining to find out someday how the title was born.

Edit: This thread is now about Reckless Love and Salatut Elämät (whatever that means)

:lol:

Yeah, maybe there's been enough speculation, so maybe we'll analyze videos of Reckless Love and Salkkarit until there's more news.

I dont understand this title. Is it even an english phrase? Its just three words mashed together.

The point of creative writing is that things don't always have to be grammatically correct. It's a little less boring to play around with the language. :loco:

I wonder if it would make make more (grammatical) sense if the title were written as: Relentless, Reckless Forever....
Seriously though, I can't believe there is a conversation about something that is somewhat creative not being understandable.

The point of creative writing is that things don't always have to be grammatically correct.

No, the point of creative writing is to write things out of imagination, to create something. Never did any teacher encourage me to go to the limit of grammatical correctness. Interesting view tho. Alexi's style is to say his thing without worrying about grammaticality.

I wonder if it would make make more (grammatical) sense if the title were written as: Relentless, Reckless Forever....

Actually no. The meaning of the title is "relentless and reckless forever" and the , would make the opposite of "and". Unless you put it Relentless, Reckless, Forever but that takes them apart from one context. The title is built without particles which sets it on the brink of correctness. Then again Alexi never went to high school. As long as it's metal it's alright.

Grammar nazis and illiterate jews be on notice... Relentlessly reckless forever would be better grammatically... But who cares? I don't give a fuck if the SOB can speak english or not.

In my opinion, Alexi is trying to follow the format of BLS motto SDMF, which stands for Strong, Determined, Merciless, Forever.
They are three separate words that define what the album or Bodom is. The three words are not intended to be a single phrase.
It's just Alexi's "fanboism" showing through the title.

Spinefarm says WIWI will go to radio play immediately after the year change. So this would mean it's gonna be released for Christmas. That's quite early, since the album is coming out only March 9th. Maybe them saying at the very beginning of the year means February or something.. Or maybe it's a radio release like Blooddrunk was? Shit audio quality on the long-awaited first listen, terrific. If it's a matter of some days and there's no weekend in between I'll rather wait for the CD and read people's thoughts beforehand.

Spinefarm says WIWI will go to radio play immediately after the year change. So this would mean it's gonna be released for Christmas. That's quite early, since the album is coming out only March 9th. Maybe them saying at the very beginning of the year means February or something.. Or maybe it's a radio release like Blooddrunk was? Shit audio quality on the long-awaited first listen, terrific.
It's either that or new songs on their myspace, which is even worse quality.

Yeah it would be awesome if the new song WIWI would be released in 2nd January or smthing like that and listen to it after a lot of drinks at new year and ask myself was it worth it? :D :kickass:

No, the point of creative writing is to write things out of imagination, to create something. Never did any teacher encourage me to go to the limit of grammatical correctness. Interesting view tho. Alexi's style is to say his thing without worrying about grammaticality.

Actually no. The meaning of the title is "relentless and reckless forever" and the , would make the opposite of "and". Unless you put it Relentless, Reckless, Forever but that takes them apart from one context. The title is built without particles which sets it on the brink of correctness. Then again Alexi never went to high school. As long as it's metal it's alright.

Meh, I've had teachers who've encouraged playing with incorrect grammar...
I wouldn't doubt that creative writing has done nothing but make my own grammar poor. But arguing about grammar seems like it should be reserved for some boring, university class discussion.
As for going to high school, rest assured, there are plenty of people that have graduated that can't use grammar correctly either. :lol: