Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

It depends how you listen to it.
I got some nice studio headphones for monitoring and that is a complete different world compared to notebook speakers ;)

You get all keys well and sounding louder? I mean, I do hear the keys and all in my speakers (no, they're not a cheap crappy 2.1 + subwoofer, they are two cool monitors) and through good headphones, but feels like they'd need to get some more presence sometimes. About guitar tone, maybe it's me, but I like it.

I agree the tone on are you dead yet is pretty tight. songs like we're not gonna fall are just so in your face thanks to that tone.
as for what the new album will be like, i dunno, i'm hoping they break from their rehashed song formula, which is excellent, but i felt let down by blood drunk simply cos it was more of the same stuff...good album, fit's in with the back catalogue, just didn't think it was a step forward. I hope the new one is

Blooddrunk has songs in D Standard.

And drop C is too low for you? Plenty of melodeath/death bands play in C Standard, or lower. In Flames, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, just to name a few...

it's not the C tuning is the C drop tuning, standard brings about a more classic metal sound when it comes with writing I think.

It was a sarcastic joke from my part.

I don't really care if they have their guitars tuned in drop or standard E or D or C, it's more the songwriting I care about.

Exactly. Drop or not doesn't matter. Nile play in drop A and are full of fuckign egyptian stuff. Also I still have to see someone who doesn't like Angels Don't Kill, and guess what... IT'S IN DROP C OMGOMGOMG!!!

Exactly. Drop or not doesn't matter. Nile play in drop A and are full of fuckign egyptian stuff. Also I still have to see someone who doesn't like Angels Don't Kill, and guess what... IT'S IN DROP C OMGOMGOMG!!!

And it was originally in D :p Those riffs are so easy but they made it drop C to get a more doomish sound. I have my guitar somewhere around E and D# and E# (it waries :lol: ) and I just play the same stuff as on GP as long as it sounds right..

Me! Me! Me! Horrible song...

1259675227219.jpg

Actually you can do pretty awesome stuff with drop tunings, I don't see many bands use it, except for picking chords fast.

but like

12 E
10 A
9 E
7 A
7 E
7 A

typical nile
it's just a powerchord, but the sound is massive, the last note is hard to play in the lower region of the fretboard but you can pick whatever you want from it.

but most of the time it's reminds me of metalcore bands:puke:

Okay... I've been reading some of these replies... Wow, you guys can write a lot of BS!!!

We can write what we want, but the guys will do whatever they like... You can't keep everybody happy...
The thing with bands is, they evolve as time passes.. So do their influences...

Imho, all the CoB albums are great... Even 'Skeletons in the Closet', which in my eyes is a wicked tribute to their influences..

Anyway.. back to the topic..

I'm hoping for some kickass guitarriffs, some nasty hatefilled vocals and fast hard songs! Somewhat like HCDR..
But I also liked the 'old' Bodom with seemingly classical influences...

And it was originally in D :p Those riffs are so easy but they made it drop C to get a more doomish sound. I have my guitar somewhere around E and D# and E# (it waries :lol: ) and I just play the same stuff as on GP as long as it sounds right..

Who said it was originally in D?

Me! Me! Me! Horrible song...

Really?? ADK?

but most of the time it's reminds me of metalcore bands:puke:

I think that's the problem with most people with drop tunings, that reminds them of metalcore and what seems to be the worse band that could influence you nowadays: LOG. I still don't get why tho, they have some really great songs.

I think it's ironic that the reason most people here seem to hate LoG is exactly why most people who are fans of other bands hate CoB.

(Most of) the fans, as well as what they and the band appear to represent.