Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Pronger is a funny dude in press conferences, but fuck him in the ass while playing, he's as dirty as they come, same for Carcillo and company. And also I can't understand how the fuck he's ahead of Lidstrom on the All Star voting, I just don't get it. I can't stand them. I like Bobrovsky tho.

I like mean dudes like Pronger. I'm still trying to decide who I'm going to vote for on the Defensive end for the ASG right now. Lidstrom has been in it soo many times, and you can almost guarentee that he is going to be in that game even if the fans don't vote for him. This is the same reason I don't want to vote for Crosby, Ovi, or Stamkos. Right now I'm kinda thinking Pronger, Byfuglien, or Fowler. I don't know... I'm not too familiar with defensive players in the league. =\

Who did you pick?

I'm not sure if this is old info but I saw this on Jeff Waters' (Annihilator) Wikipedia article.

Jeff also revealed to French fans after a show that Alexi Laiho asked him to play a guitar solo on Children of Bodom's next album.

I'm not sure if this is old info but I saw this on Jeff Waters' (Annihilator) Wikipedia article.

Jeff also revealed to French fans after a show that Alexi Laiho asked him to play a guitar solo on Children of Bodom's next album.

Not a fan new Annihilator but sounds cool I guess. = /

An Annihilator guitarist doesn't deserve to lay his filthy fingers on a COB record. If the solo sucks, his corpse will forever rot in the slimy bottom of Lake Bodom.

Then again Annihilator "heavily inspired" certain Bodom riffs so maybe COB owes them a solo.. but I don't think COB needs help from those guys. Whatever, as long as it's good.. just get the album out to daylight already..

I can understand that they don't want an 'Alexi-styled' solo for once.
But what about Roope? He's just as good and has a different style.

Then again, how much impact does one solo have on an entire album? Apart from the live experience being weird (if they even plan to play that song live)

It doesn't matter if he is a good guitarist , i just don't like this idea , but w/e if it will happen i will ignore that fact :p

Ok, I've never heard Annihilator before but that video was awesome. Great groove to that song.

I for one wouldn't mind at all if he has a guest solo spot. His style is very very similar to Alexi's so I think it would fit in great.

What's with all the Annihilator hate? Jeff Waters is just as good as Alexi on the guitar. And isn't it nice to have metal artists collaborating?

PS. Joonas is supr gh3y!

What's with all the Annihilator hate? Jeff Waters is just as good as Alexi on the guitar.
Yeah, I was wondering the same. I don't understand why you don't whine about Alexi playing on an Annihilator album and then you start to cry when Alexi asks one of the greatest metal guitarists to play a solo on their album. It should be an honor to have a such great guitarist playing a solo on the new record of your favourite band.
Great groove to that song.
It's name is Clown Parade.

No need to trash Jeff Watters, he's a great guitar player and a great dude, but I highly doubt that Alexi will ever allow anybody into a COB song. In cover songs he does and has done sometimes, but not in their own songs.

I like mean dudes like Pronger. I'm still trying to decide who I'm going to vote for on the Defensive end for the ASG right now. Lidstrom has been in it soo many times, and you can almost guarentee that he is going to be in that game even if the fans don't vote for him. This is the same reason I don't want to vote for Crosby, Ovi, or Stamkos. Right now I'm kinda thinking Pronger, Byfuglien, or Fowler. I don't know... I'm not too familiar with defensive players in the league. =

Who did you pick?

Well I really hate seeing Pronger up top, I don't like his style of play, so definitely not Pronger haha. Nah, if you want to vote unheralded, go for John Carlsson (he's having a hell of a season with the Caps and he filled extremely well when Mike Green went down for some games) and I guess Byfulglien deserves the other spot, he's been playing tremendous.

If you want an unheralded/write in squad, my choices would be:

FORAWRDS:
-Jeff Skinner (that guy's just unbelievable, Eric Staal must be so happy to finally have somebody to play with haha).
-Alexander Semin
-Patrick Sharp

DEFENCE:
-John Carlsson
-Dustin Byfuglien

GOALIE:
-Jimmy Howard (yes I know he's my goalie, but it's not because of that, it's because he's been playing just amazing, with less games than anybody else he's top at the win department in a really offensive team as Detroit).

Alexi has said countless times that in an actual COB album nobody's allowed in besides COB, so I would say Alexi offered him to do a solo on either a cover song for the new album or he offered him to do one for one of the new songs on the cover album but he declined.

Alexi has said countless times that in an actual COB album nobody's allowed in besides COB, so I would say Alexi offered him to do a solo on either a cover song for the new album or he offered him to do one for one of the new songs on the cover album but he declined.
I think you're right.
As far as I can see, that info has been on the wiki page in 2008 (maybe even earlier, didn't check) so maybe that where plans for Blooddrunk or indeed a cover.

Maybe CoB is doing an Annihilator cover on the new album and they are getting Jeff to partake in the cover.

Just a thought.

I'm not a fan of Annihilator fan or anything, but that Jeff guy isn't a bad guitarist. You can't really trust Wikipedia anyway, I always see a lot of stuff in those articles that are outdated, or rumours, or just trolling (like this). So, we'll see - could be true, could be a rumour.

Me and my friends have been trying to guess what this "way crazier than Britney" cover is going. One of our ideas was (and this really is a little out there) a cover of Sweet Tranvestite or maybe Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't know what the fuck we were smoking, but all I know is that I could totally see COB covering anything.
I'd love to see them do a cover of Secret Agent Man - it's not really "crazy" per say (hahah, perse), but I think it would be like the CCR cover. You know, it just hauls so much ass.