Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

^ The CoB image is certainly going that way. We'll have to see whether the music is once we hear the album though, which would either confirm or disprove "commercial metal" as the new CoB direction. Hard to say from a 30-second sample. I remain skeptical, though.

Same here. We can't judge the album yet, it's not out. I am skeptical as well because of the previous ablum.

this thread is a letdown every time i check this forum. I go in expecting some sort of update or new thing and get speculation like how many songs will be from each album in the setlist? come on theres gotta be better things out there to do than all this, the entire thread ends up being a tldr haha

Well, all updates come out first either on FB or CoB's off. page. You've got them to blame for a shameful lack of info.

I also don't really get, if the album is completely as they say it is, why the fuck they don't release it until March? They'll certainly have trouble to keep the hype about the new album going for that long. Would've been a nice release for holiday seasons, too.

As far as any and all music is concerned...

With fans, you either like it or you don't. That's it. No one is forcing you to do anything. Liking something, loving it, not caring for it, or hating it... doesn't matter beyond the scope of your own perspective.

With musicians, they should never listen to the fans, critics, or anyone else. They should just do whatever they believe in. Those other people can make their own music/art if they want, or just look elsewhere. And no one but the artist can really know their true intentions behind the music.

I think there's something disturbly similar about the stuff to Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want them to get "big" by making pussy metal riffs that appeal to 15 year olds, still waiting for the "satanic" metal we were promised. It'll be fun either way, if it's good it's good, if it's bad we can at least enjoy the shitstorm. I have high hopes for a few incredible tracks at least. Shovel KO and WIWI sound totally different so it's hard to say yet.

Stay off the drugs, drugs are bad mkay.

The riff in WIWI is kinda hard to memorize even in all it's simplicity. I tried to play it in my brain but just got this intro track from American show wrestling and figured it's some Manson pop track. Anyway, the trailer has a piece from the song that fits the trailer video nice, it doesn't give a proper conception of the whole track.

No, the setlist will be more like Joonas said. Remember about the last European tour.

SW - 1
HB - 3
FTR - 4
HCDR - 4
AYDY - 2
BD - 4

Excuse me? Are you not going to play Needled, ADK, Sixpounder or HCD? Not to mention that it'd be really cool if the brought Chokehold back.

Fuck the old stuff! Don't want to hear that shit anymore

^Irony or not, whatever, I think they should play songs from all albums because there are great live songs in all albums. HCD has the most tho imo.

I agree, but considering that they haven't played much songs from old albums in years, they should play more of them.

I wouldn't be against them first playing 4 songs of newer COB, then submerge into an "old Bodom mode" with a Hatebreeder/FTR flag behind the set for a duration of 8 songs. Then go back to new Bodom for the last 4 songs. That would totally rule. For example:

Shovel Knockout
Chokehold
Angels Don't Kill

Not My Funeral

----flag change----

Warheart
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Bed Of Razors
Downfall

Follow the Reaper
Children Of Decadence
Everytime I Die
Kissing the Shadows

----flag change----

Living Dead Beat
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
Was It Worth It

Blooddrunk

Maybe the problem is people are most excited in the beginning and middle of the concert so before they'd play never material again the crowd would be tired.

^Irony or not, whatever, I think they should play songs from all albums because there are great live songs in all albums. HCD has the most tho imo.
I agree.

I think it would be cool to see Warheart live again, though - it would be a good opener.

Shovel Knockout
Chokehold
Angels Don't Kill

Not My Funeral

----flag change----

Warheart
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Bed Of Razors
Downfall

Follow the Reaper
Children Of Decadence
Everytime I Die
Kissing the Shadows

----flag change----

Living Dead Beat
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
Was It Worth It

Blooddrunk

Maybe the problem is people are most excited in the beginning and middle of the concert so before they'd play never material again the crowd would be tired.
The flag is important, of course.
Anyways, pretty cool set, but replace Blooddrunk with Hate Crew Deathroll and I have to see Lake Bodom and Towards Dead End somewhere in there!

I'd love to see You're Better Off Dead live, as well - but that was a rarity. And I can understand why they took it off, would be really fucking hard to do vocals and play guitar at the same time for that song.

Warheart, Children of Bodom, Kissing the Shadows.
The rest is fine whatever they do. (well, maybe add Hatebreeder and Towards Dead End)
But we all know that's not going to happen. I just hope that there is a nice opening song. It worked with Living Dead Beat. Not so much with Hellhounds..
And HCDR is like 'their' song nowadays, but not a song you want to play last. More like 2nd out of three encore songs. (or 1st out of 2)

Really though, only time will tell. It's not like we have any influence. And if we do they might do something else just to fuck with us

^Because the chorus "...you're better of dead than fucking with me..." is tricky to play, and he has to play and sing over it.

I don't know but I have the feeling they may be playing Children Of Bodom this European tour at least. It's been a long time since they last played it (I don't think Roope's played it) and they try to change the setlist a bit each tour, you know, not always play the same songs of each album

I don't want to see Sixpounder and HCD go anywhere tho, I'll be very sad if they don't play those two. From AYDY I myself would play LDB and then IYF or WNGF, and from Blooddrunk the title track and SPFTD. I also think they shouldn't play more than one slow song, just one around the middle of the set to get a breather, but not two, so I'd rotate, and this time around instead of ADK or BFH I'd like to see them play ETID.

^Because the chorus "...you're better of dead than fucking with me..." is tricky to play, and he has to play and sing over it.

I don't know but I have the feeling they may be playing Children Of Bodom this European tour at least. It's been a long time since they last played it (I don't think Roope's played it) and they try to change the setlist a bit each tour, you know, not always play the same songs of each album

But doesn't Roope usually play the lead during the chorus anyway?

I would absolutely love to see COB played live. But doesn't Janne hate playing that song live? =/

èI'd love to see You're Better Off Dead live, as well

Oh, yes. You're better off dead and Knuckleduster (=most underrated COB song ever) would be awesome in their set list. If they could replace Slient Night, Bodom Night with Bed of Razors it would be a pretty refreshing change too, imho.