Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

But doesn't Roope usually play the lead during the chorus anyway?

I would absolutely love to see COB played live. But doesn't Janne hate playing that song live? =/

No, Alexi plays the main melody. He played it in the past when they did play that song live so I guess he should still play it now. Who says Janne hates it, where did you get that from?

Yeah - there isn't any really good venues around here anyway. Most bands never come to Calgary half the time because every venue is shit sound and poorly run. They usually skip right on over to Vancouver - which I can't blame anyone for.

A better sound show could be run in my yard - as long as they don't mind horses, and a haystack for a stage!

I haven't been to any shows in Calgary yet, although I will be making the trek in February to see a show at the MacEwan Ballroom. I don't have any comment on venues in Vancouver because I've never actually been to one for a show but Vancouver is (for the most part) a beautiful city.
There's a few decent, small venues in Edmonton that I like, but small venues are always better to see bands in my opinion.

As for horses, I don't know how well some of them would appreciate metal. :lol:

Come on, there's no fucking way Alexi couldn't play and sing YBOD. Even if the melody was too complex he could just let Roope do it and play rhythm instead. They did do it in the past also. He even practiced to play and sing Lobodomy not because they'd do it live but because it was important to him to be able to pull off the stuff he does in studio. I think Alexi plays for example the melody in Hellhounds while singing on top. It's not a very hard melody tho.

^WTF?

Come on, there's no fucking way Alexi couldn't play and sing YBOD. Even if the melody was too complex he could just let Roope do it and play rhythm instead. They did do it in the past also. He even practiced to play and sing Lobodomy not because they'd do it live but because it was important to him to be able to pull off the stuff he does in studio. I think Alexi plays for example the melody in Hellhounds while singing on top. It's not a very hard melody tho.

Who said he can't? He indeed can, he used to do it back in the days.

fck didnt know that Your Better Off Dead is so great LIVE song

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Alexi plays the main melody. He played it in the past when they did play that song live so I guess he should still play it now. Who says Janne hates it, where did you get that from?

I don't remember. I just feel like I remember reading that. Please don't take anything I say as fact.

I'm sure he could. He does plenty of tricky shit while singing anyway.

Sorry guys, no slow song for this album. And the sound will be very American. Read the Soundi interview.

I have no problem with that. Punch me I Bleed and Banned from Heaven are both songs I didn't like very much, so maybe they just can't do that anymore or just right now.

Anyway Shovel Knockout has grown to be one of my favourite CoB songs, since I keep repeating it more and more in my head. And american? Sorry, but Shovel KO sounds just like the old chilly finnish Bodom.

I have no problem with that. Punch me I Bleed and Banned from Heaven are both songs I didn't like very much, so maybe they just can't do that anymore or just right now.

Anyway Shovel Knockout has grown to be one of my favourite CoB songs, since I keep repeating it more and more in my head. And american? Sorry, but Shovel KO sounds just like the old chilly finnish Bodom.

Where have you heard it?

What do you mean sounds more American?

Can you actually understand what he is singing now?

I mean they play Marshalls which are British.
Engle which is German I believe.

The ESP's are Japanese.

what does more American sounding mean? I just don't understand?

Yeah, do they literally say: "the album might sound more American" or is it something that you may think leads to that conclusion but it might be something else?

Now I'm really curious about that interview...

And american? Sorry, but Shovel KO sounds just like the old chilly finnish Bodom.
Yeah, I agree.
American sounding to me is Lamb of God or some shit like that - kind of two-dimensional and flat sounding. Not that this description is what all American bands sound like, but the Shovel Knockout and Was It Worth It? samples we've heard definitely aren't that!

Actually WIWI definitely is, trailer sounds most accessible COB ever, if you can't hear it you have a problem.
Shovel is not, my hope rests on that being the actual sound of the album.