Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

But dont get me wrong.. i really love this song,the entire song.. It's just the name gave me another feeling\atmosphere

could nt refrain myself from listening to cry of the nihilist again, that chorus owned me and.. well after a few listens i think this song is a mix of Bodom beach terror, tie my rope and something on AYDY?

:lol: Entertaining read on those last few pages. Oh, and people asking for leaks should fuck off. I don't know how more retarded it can get that people asking for album leaks on the band's fucking official forum.

@Necro: WTF is that, I don't even... Also, next time you change your signature, could you just go ahead and post a fucking wallpaper? Makes the forum sooo much more readable.

I Don't fuckin know...i need really a few times to listen to the song to bang a little bit with my head...

:lol: Entertaining read on those last few pages. Oh, and people asking for leaks should fuck off. I don't know how more retarded it can get that people asking for album leaks on the band's fucking official forum.

Indeed :lol: I missed the whole thing, but it was entertaining to read it :lol:

I'm really digging Nihilist. It sounds pretty HCDR to me. I really love the riff at 1:40. The pre solo/lead section is also really good, it reminds me almost of some sinergy type stuff

It wasn't entertaining at all. Just annoying.

You, sir, are quickly becoming my favorite person on the entire God-damn forum. That said, back to on-topic, I am forcing myself not to listen to the previews. I've got my preorder in, and I've had quite enough of judging a four-minute song by thirty seconds. I'd rather hear the whole thing, and make a judgment based on that. It works much better, I've found.

I know when to have fun and when to play serious business but page after page of internet bitching on every god damn forum I visit... give me a break. I just want to fucking discuss the music!

Regarding CofN I did listen to it a few times again and I haven't noticed anything special about it except for the first solo... I cannot quite figure it out maybe because of the shit quality but is it Laiho or Warman playing? Or maybe Alexi for the first section then on the repeat Warman joins in?

Actually after a few more listens I think CofN is quite a solid song. The intro reminds me of FtR material and the Chorus slightly of HCDR/FtR choruses. I don't find the verse riff out of place at all. It makes for a good balance from the slayer-ish riff under the intro riff (same riff played after the first verse). Very glad the chorus is only played once before the melodic/solo break. Doesn't tire us out from a song full of chorus and void of any life. The riff around 1:45 is very Sinergy like and actually quite awesome. Nothing comes to mind at the moment what else it could be like in the Bodom catalog. Love the melodic break before the solo. I honestly still cannot tell from the shit quality who is playing during it but I dig it a lot. The solo has the same vibe as the Ugly solo sort of that flying/singing feeling but I think it is too short and after the melodic part right before it I would be expecting just a little more umf.

Now the last time the chorus is repeated (right before the fucking awesome ending) Alexi plays a killer melody to add a little more power to the climax of the song. Now why could he not play that melody during every chorus repeat? It was a great part of older Bodom to have the lead guitar play melody along with the vocals. Now I could only see this as being added just to bring the song to a closing and the Alexi would rather have the lyrics drive the chorus? I don't know.

I can hear the riffs in this and Ugly being much more early thrash influenced ala Slayer Reign in Blood or Megadeth's Rust in Peace. It could be arguable that even parts of WIWI have a Metallica Kill Em All vibe. I believe I read in one of the newest interviews that Alexi said that Metallica's Seek & Destroy was an influence. Cannot quite remember.

Only time will tell (as in when the album is available) if Bodom has fully taken a step to the next level past the last two albums. It is a huge step for these guys. I can already safely say I enjoy both CotN and Ugly better than anything from Blooddrunk and half of AYDY.

No shit. And a link wouldn't be needed anyway, it can't be hard to google it. I don't understand the point anyway, no fan would illegally download an album before it's release.
wtf? are you serious? I, as a big CoB fan would download the album the second it leaked. I have already pre-ordered the album so what reason for me is there too wait for 4 weeks until the release when I have already payed for it and obviously want to listen to it? Those 4 weeks is just for marketing the album, but I've already pre-ordered it so why shouldn't I listen to it if I can? I see no reason why you shouldn't download the album if you've already pre-ordered it. You're missing out on a whole month of listening to said album. Sure this is just my opinion..but I think this whole ''I WAIT FOR THE RELEASE DATE JUST BECAUSE'' is pretty silly. Most albums are recorded, mixed and mastered and all, and then there is a 3month gap before it is released. I couldn't give less of a shit that it's not supposed to be released, there is no reason to wait extra months for the labels to market the album if you already know you'll buy it.
Though, if you download the album, and you love it, but don't buy it, then you are indeed a fucking retard.

Also, many people want to listen to the whole album before buying it. Does it matter if the person downloads it when it's leaked, or if he waits 2more weeks and stream it on MySpace? No it doesn't. Just because he downloads it to check it out, it does not equal a CD being stolen. You can't count a possible sell of an album as an sell of an album.
Gotta love the orchestra hits. So glad they are more prominent on this album (and this is only after hearing three full songs). That is one thing I loved about their older material. ORCHESTRA HITS! Once I counted how many AYDY had and it was something like 4-5. I should count again to refresh my memory.

Dunno why I just thought of that. :lol:
Ah that is what they are called, orchestra hits..I love them, and they especially remind of Hatebreeder. And they indeed seem to be more prominent on RRF.

wtf? are you serious? I, as a big CoB fan would download the album the second it leaked. I have already pre-ordered the album so what reason for me is there too wait for 4 weeks until the release when I have already payed for it and obviously want to listen to it? Those 4 weeks is just for marketing the album, but I've already pre-ordered it so why shouldn't I listen to it if I can? I see no reason why you shouldn't download the album if you've already pre-ordered it. You're missing out on a whole month of listening to said album. Sure this is just my opinion..but I think this whole ''I WAIT FOR THE RELEASE DATE JUST BECAUSE'' is pretty silly. Most albums are recorded, mixed and mastered and all, and then there is a 3month gap before it is released. I couldn't give less of a shit that it's not supposed to be released, there is no reason to wait extra months for the labels to market the album if you already know you'll buy it.
Though, if you download the album, and you love it, but don't buy it, then you are indeed a fucking retard.

Also, many people want to listen to the whole album before buying it. Does it matter if the person downloads it when it's leaked, or if he waits 2more weeks and stream it on MySpace? No it doesn't. Just because he downloads it to check it out, it does not equal a CD being stolen. You can't count a possible sell of an album as an sell of an album.

Well, that's also a good point, I agree, but my point was mostly, that I want to have the whole album listened from start to finish with perfect sounds (CD), without having ruined the listening experiece with shitty mp3-leaks or whatever. Of course if you don't mind imperfect sound quality I understand your point.

Well, that's also a good point, I agree, but my point was mostly, that I want to have the whole album listened from start to finish with perfect sounds (CD), without having ruined the listening experiece with shitty mp3-leaks or whatever. Of course if you don't mind imperfect sound quality I understand your point.
Well, most leaks aren't MySpace/Radio rip quality though, they're mostly somewhat close to CD quality, hence a CD being leaked.

I know I'll download it before buying. I wanna see how the album will turn out. WIWI was really bad song and after blooddrunk I don't have high expectations.

^That is in case it leaks before release (I'm asuming you're a good fan and you've preordered it).

Oh yeah, it's so soon already. But yeah, I'm probably a bit "old-school", I'm not THAT excited about this album, but for the ones I am excited about (like new Watain, Thulcandra, Repugant etc.), I don't listen to any samples or anything. I want to listen to whole album from start to finish with the perfect cd-quality.

Well it's my favourite band and I still love all they've put out, so I'm pretty excited about it, particularly after hearing the samples. If I can I'll wait till I have the album in my postbox, but I'm really eager to get my hands on the full product.

Because I'm still a bit excited about new Bodom, and those samples brought a little hope for the band after AYDY and BD. I also still like Something Wild and this forum is entertaining.

You only like SW????????

If all you do is bitch about the forum band and only like one album of the band, it is kind of pointless to be on the forum except for trolling it and slugging out flaming comments in all directions.
My favorite band isn't Bodom either, but at least I like most of their music and have the respect not to fucking talk shit about the songs I don't like and the fans who do like them.
This is the most troll filled and flame-whored forum I know of, no wonder why I don't care to post here more often. :hotjump:

I would have to agree with you sir, half of the posters here are just haters.

How come? Name one troll here.

Obviously himself, but he doesn't recognise himself as one I guess, don't worry, sooner or later he'll realise I guess...

I'd give it a short listening before I went to work this morning and listened to it 3 or 4 times when I came back but there is nothing which stuck in my head - ergo: don't like it that much. But I still think that it could be fun to play it.

Dunno, to me it feels pretty fresh and melodic and overall pretty damn good. Sure, the main riff may be a bit too much repeated, but I like it a lot. Btw, have you really figured out the super fast licks on the riffs?? I'd really like a tab if you have figured them out and have time =) Danke schon im vorher!

I'm really digging Nihilist. It sounds pretty HCDR to me. I really love the riff at 1:40. The pre solo/lead section is also really good, it reminds me almost of some sinergy type stuff

Same here, I'm loving the song so far, that one and Ugly (plus the samples) are getting me really excited about RRF, plus your band's EP is making the wait shorter haha.

^That is in case it leaks before release (I'm asuming you're a good fan and you've preordered it).

It really depends. There will be 9 tracks on the album. Let's say if 5 of them are good and 4 suck, it's alright I'll pay for it. But if its 5 or more that suck, then I'm sorry, but it's not worth it buying another album like Blooddrunk. I have the strange feeling I'll end up buying it... :lol: