Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

That rocksound guy that says it sounds a lot more guitar-heavy actually has a point. Now I know that it's full of keyboard, but at the same time it feels full of guitars. And that's what I like most about the album; it feels like the songs are really done to the max.

Also how he thinks it's more of the same is beyond me. But that's because we're diehard fans I suppose. I can't judge how outsiders look at the albums.

that's what I was aiming at. I see lots of growing potential for RRF.

There is a lot of appeal upon immediate listen but I can see it being like HCDR where some songs need to be heard multiple times before getting it. Some multiple times before hearing everything and moments need to be heard often because they are just awesome moments.

Sorry guys ,but Keyboard solos except for SKO and Northpole was a really let down for me .
BUT i haven't heard Roundtrip and PMS and RRF solos so there is some hope..

Holy fuck is this album badass. First three songs is just ridiculously good, and SKO is already one of my all-time favorite CoB songs. And I'm sure this album will grow on me as well. Can't wait to hear Party All The Time. Also one thing that we've all forgotten, COB TV 4? :O

Holy fuck is this album badass. First three songs is just ridiculously good, and SKO is already one of my all-time favorite CoB songs. And I'm sure this album will grow on me as well. Can't wait to hear Party All The Time. Also one thing that we've all forgotten, COB TV 4? :O

Lol I asked the same thing about COBTV 4. Unfortunately I highly doubt we're gonna see it since Jannes workin on a new Warmen album..But I'd still love to see the episode. Those things r funny lol.

Btw I totally agree with you with the first 3 songs. I already consider SKO and NMF and Roundtrip in my all time favorite Bodom songs. Great album and definitely surpasses Blooddrunk. I did enjoy Blooddrunk, but I think this album is just going to get more replays than Blooddrunk over the years on my Zune and the songs just feel more memorable than most songs on Blooddrunk..Either way, great Bodom album! :)

Edit: Also, i'm eagerly awaiting to hear Party All The Time. I wonder...does anyone know if the US Super Deluxe edition (Book edition) comes with that cover? It didn't say on the website and since I ordered that version I kinda wanna know lol...or is it just a Japan thing?

just listened to the new album. It was disappointing to say the least. Seems like COB has gotten lazier with their music writing now that they have "made it" in the music buisness.

Roundtrip To Hell And Back...WOW!!!!!! You wouldn't even believe this was from the same album!!!!!!!!!!
Finally :lol: Relieving to see there's still something you like, I already wondered if it's either really that bad (I haven't heard the album yet), or your taste simply changed through the years ;)

just listened to the new album. It was disappointing to say the least. Seems like COB has gotten lazier with their music writing now that they have "made it" in the music buisness.

You are fucking retarded. Do you even play guitar? Because if you did you would know that everything they write has been getting progressively harder and harder to play.

Blooddrunk had some really difficult guitar parts and I know this cd is going to be even harder as the songs are just more technical.

You are fucking retarded. Do you even play guitar? Because if you did you would know that everything they write has been getting progressively harder and harder to play.

Blooddrunk had some really difficult guitar parts and I know this cd is going to be even harder as the songs are just more technical.

*shrug* With all honesty, it's the guy's opinion (lest he's trolling). I don't see why you'd just jump all over it (more so if it's a troll). "Harder to play" != "better written" and "more technical" != "better sounding". If anything, it's more often the opposite. And IMO the parts of the album where they're trying to be technical for the sake of technical is where it fails. It succeeds in fun solos and catchy choruses.

*shrug* With all honesty, it's the guy's opinion (lest he's trolling). I don't see why you'd just jump all over it (more so if it's a troll). "Harder to play" != "better written" and "more technical" != "better sounding". If anything, it's more often the opposite. And IMO the parts of the album where they're trying to be technical for the sake of technical is where it fails. It succeeds in fun solos and catchy choruses.

I'm not saying it's better because it is harder......I was just getting at it is more difficult to play as he was saying CoB got lazy with there wirtting, which is untrue. If they got lazy they would not write songs with the difficulty that they have.

Preordered!

Btw, wasn't Roundtrip to Hell and back supposed to be on Blooddrunk?

Does anyone who've heard the album, think that the keyboard and guitar tone are, somewhere, extremely similar and hard to tell apart? Or do i just have bad hearing? :)

I agree with Srob, there is absolutely no way that this album is "Lazier", especially compared to Blooddrunk of all things. I play guitar also and can admire the work put into the riffs on this album. This stuff is the hardest stuff to play out of their entire discography (Except for WIWI).

I also happen to think it all sounds really good also, so the two together usually come out being a pretty good effort :D. Get Stoned, go write a melodic metal album and show us all before you call them lazy with their songwriting (For this album). Sure, it could have been longer but the content is good. Mostly.

As said before, just because it's hard to play doesn't make it better. E.g

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving this new album, i'm just saying.

Last edited by a moderator: