Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Got the CD now, the package works nicer with the whole artwork and perfect quality and stuff. As for the music itself, this album is really hard to place somewhere in the order of preference. It doesn't blow my favourites off the water but the quality of production and the experience level and bringing more melodies back are pros, while I'm still missing atmosphere and the overall thrashiness doesn't please my ears. The interesting fact is this isn't COB's most melodic, most aggressive, most heavy or most atmospheric album, but it's quite energetic. A matter of taste I suppose. I like the songs Shovel Knockout and Roundtrip to Hell and Back the most... aside from those I'll rather listen to the older COB albums more after spinning this enough times.

Getting more used to the album and it seems better off than i first thought.

I agree. At first listen I wasn't too impressed with the cd as a whole, but its been growing on me more and more everyday. I find myself humming the meldoies which means they are cathcy and sticking in my brain. I even find myself not skipping WIWI....not the greatest song on the album but at least good enough to listen to. I really enjoy just putting this album in and listening to every single track.

I have found a fact. After longer listening of HB,FTR,SW i was listening to RRF and it didnt seem so good, but when i tried to listen at first it seems awesome ;D

I actually enjoy this album more than the older ones atm...not necessarily because it's better but it's still new and fresh.

I have found a fact. After longer listening of HB,FTR,SW i was listening to RRF and it didnt seem so good, but when i tried to listen at first it seems awesome ;D
True. It's a great album but whenever I listen to one of the old songs, I immediately notice that it's so much better. But it's not fair to compare them anyway. Fact is that the first 4 albums will never be surpassed. But RRF is still really good and definitely deserves in CoB's discography as a good highlight.

True. It's a great album but whenever I listen to one of the old songs, I immediately notice that it's so much better. But it's not fair to compare them anyway. Fact is that the first 4 albums will never be surpassed. But RRF is still really good and definitely deserves in CoB's discography as a good highlight.

Agree 100% And i'm not waiting that they suddenly will go back to SW or HB or FTR era it's just not working like that nowdays, with some exceptions even though if they wanted to, i doubt that they could do it, i'm not saying just to copy them but make something that awesome but different. But it just shows to me that thoes albums are just perfect! And i even dont expect it to happen. It's just my opinion. Remember you have your own opinion and it's as valuable as mine.

Sometimes I wish people would rather take half a minute to re-read what they wrote before they actually post it. Having to read a post four or five times before starting to get at least the main point and then realising it wasn't worth the effort is a bit disappointing sometimes :lol:

I agree. At first listen I wasn't too impressed with the cd as a whole, but its been growing on me more and more everyday. I find myself humming the meldoies which means they are cathcy and sticking in my brain. I even find myself not skipping WIWI....not the greatest song on the album but at least good enough to listen to. I really enjoy just putting this album in and listening to every single track.
I get the NMF chorus melody stuck in my head a lot. Really catchy.

Sometimes I wish people would rather take half a minute to re-read what they wrote before they actually post it. Having to read a post four or five times before starting to get at least the main point and then realising it wasn't worth the effort is a bit disappointing sometimes :lol:

That's how I feel sometimes about Alexi and his attitude with going into the studio having not even really written his songs and just half-assing it :lol:

Even after waiting that long i'm not dissapointed, because RRF really kick ass!
Definitelly one of the best albums CoB ever made.
But I still miss solos like in Bodom After Midnight or IYWPPFW.
And also frozen lake Bodom as the cover art.

And btw. Some part of solo in SKO reminds me Lowberg's Bottom Of The Barrel :p

I agree too. Its really confusing at first, but after getting to know it it really catches on. It has the weirdest breaks every now and then in all songs, but after a surprisingly short while you get to know them and feels easy to follow the rythm - espesially Jaskas crazy drumming on Ugly. Still need to figure out that way off rythm beat he does on that one though, but rest of the beats throughout the album are fairly easy to catch up on eventhough you havent learned the song fully yet. Gona be exciting to see what songs they choose for the tour :headbang:

!!Warning!! You will never listen to Shovel Knockout the same if you read the rest of this post!!

I can't help but laugh hysterically at 3:30-3:35 of SKO. Alexi a waaaooooooooowwww which should probably turn into a yaw or something but all I hear is "YAY!" and it's so fucking hilarious to me that it gets me every time.