RELIGION DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, wtf is the difference between any other fucking religion. They are all specially designed to fit every cultures beliefs. What do you have to do to get into heaven hmm? Be good, confess your sins, love thy neighbor. That is fucking clay shapage right there. Don't believe the lie. What am I going to be a fucking evil person cause I don't believe in religion? I mean it's fucking intuitive to enjoy life and be a good person you dont need some fucking fag in a white collar to tell you that.

Dude, wtf is the difference between any other fucking religion. They are all specially designed to fit every cultures beliefs. What do you have to do to get into heaven hmm? Be good, confess your sins, love thy neighbor. That is fucking clay shapage right there. Don't believe the lie. What am I going to be a fucking evil person cause I don't believe in religion? I mean it's fucking intuitive to enjoy life and be a good person you dont need some fucking fag in a white collar to tell you that.

Well, I belong to a protestantic church of christianity. The Bible was written by the people in that days world by that time, not today. Which means we have to adapt it to the todays world. And still, the Bible doesn't say anything about the evolution.

Also, the way how they teach the religion on the USA to their kids is really sad. That's propably the place where you got your beliefs/thoughts about christianity from. The fundamentalitychristians(???) of USA, are really a shame to all of the christian people in todays modernizing(??) world. They tend to deny everything about science and praise the faultlessity of the Bible. The Bible is it's own times book and was written from what people knew by that time. And the ignorance of those ppl is the reason why theres those mistakes which you might notice. But the word which there is, is faultless and will last forever.
It's not designed, the Bible was written almost 2000 years ago. The new testament part, I mean.

This thread needs to be closed. Everyone posting on this thread besides myself and Joe is completely one-sided and this thread will be a never ending argument.

1. It is perfectly easy to balance faith and science.

2. Most Christians DO know how to balance both, and show kindness to people regardless of who they are or what they believe...unfortunately the ones that take the Bible WAY too literally are the people that are more predominately vocal.

There's a creationist museum that recently opened in Kentucky complete with exhibits featuring kids hanging out with their dinosaur pets and the Grand Canyon being carved out in weeks..Really sad in my opinion that these nutjobs are teaching kids to deny hard scientific evidence and making a museum to make it seem legit. The whole evolution/creation debate is so ridiculous. Here's a link if anyone's interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME30pPBw58

My opinion of religion is that it used to be a good way to keep people in order, establish morals and provide explanations for things that primitive science couldn't...but in modern times it just seems useless to me. I think there's a lot of shit out there that science can't explain but "miracles" in the bible are not one of them..and that goes for all religions not just Christianity. However I do know a lot of christians who are good people and I don't question them because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and if it makes them happy then more power to em

2. Most Christians DO know how to balance both, and show kindness to people regardless of who they are or what they believe...unfortunately the ones that take the Bible WAY too literally are the people that are more predominately vocal.

As Mahatma Gandhi once put it... "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

This thread needs to be closed. Everyone posting on this thread besides myself and Joe is completely one-sided and this thread will be a never ending argument.

I'm not completely one-sided, it needs both sides to answer any questions in any kind of udnerstandable way tbh. And most of the questions I had answered, I did not use the Bible, but thought out myself, from how it is on the religion that I believe in.

1. True, some people just are too blind to the other side.

2.Yeah, those are the fundamentality christians of America mostly. I have never met/seen those people in Finland who cant live with both.

Still.. think about it. For example, our bodies are perfect "machines". Lungs get oxigen out of the air, which then goes into our bloodbane to the brain etc. Is it all coincidence that it all works so perfectly and organized? Its all so complex that its almost impossible to be "evolution". Its like there must have been a blueprint for it or something. (Im a fukken athiest, btw, so dont get me wrong)

Still.. think about it. For example, our bodies are perfect "machines". Lungs get oxigen out of the air, which then goes into our bloodbane to the brain etc. Is it all coincidence that it all works so perfectly and organized? Its all so complex that its almost impossible to be "evolution". Its like there must have been a blueprint for it or something. (Im a fukken athiest, btw, so dont get me wrong)

It's the same thing with the nature. Some plants protect themselves with fine mechanisms and animals can do many different things, and the whole nature in general.

that's the reason why people who believe in science also believe in religion.. every organism seems so perfect, so only something perfect could have created them.

Tr00. That's alsto 1 strong point why I believe in God. Only another thing could of created all the things which work in somewhat complicated, yet so effective way.

I agree with SteveAwesome in saying this thread is pretty much just people going back and forth, and there isn't a real answer to this question of God, you either want to believe in a creator and intelligant design, or you are skeptical and don't want too.

It is perfectly possible for perfection to come from chance, just because it's hard to believe doesn't make it impossible for me. I will never personally believe in a Creator until someone show's me credible evidance, in terms of reasonable science that wasn't a book written by people who aren't credible wittnises and may well have had motives for distorting the truth. I've given up trying to convince the religious that there is no creator because most religious people want to believe in one. That's why this argument will most likely, never end.

Also:

Leandro said:
As Mahatma Gandhi once put it... "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Is pretty true for me, I have nothing wrong with peoiple that believe something different as long as they aren't telling me how wicked I am for not agreeing, and those that are so closed minded they can't even enter a debate without shouting and attacking people.

It is perfectly possible for perfection to come from chance, just because it's hard to believe doesn't make it impossible for me. I will never personally believe in a Creator until someone show's me credible evidance, in terms of reasonable science that wasn't a book written by people who aren't credible wittnises and may well have had motives for distorting the truth. I've given up trying to convince the religious that there is no creator because most religious people want to believe in one. That's why this argument will most likely, never end.

Joh. 20:29.

Do you think the human race as we know it now just got to where it is from out of nowhere? It's all about adaption and survival of the fittest. If you actually think that some higher power got humans to where they are now, then you're not an atheist.

I've given up trying to convince the religious that there is no creator because most religious people want to believe in one. That's why this argument will most likely, never end.

Exactly, and there's nothing wrong with this, if one wants to believe, and genuinely feel happy doing this then it's the right "way to go" for that person.

Do you think the human race as we know it now just got to where it is from out of nowhere? It's all about adaption and survival of the fittest. If you actually think that some higher power got humans to where they are now, then you're not an atheist.

Atheists believe that theres no reason for that they exist, amirite?

Atheists believe that theres no reason for that they exist, amirite?

I'm far from well-read on the subject, but my perception is that an atheist doesn't believe in a higher power. Wether or not they feel they have a reason for living or not, i guess that's up to them to decide.

Thats not what i said. Ofcourse I know we evolved from simple lifeforms, but the process of evolution, all coincidence? Maybe.. Also, i never said i do indeed believe that it was not coincidence, i never said i think there is a higher power, im only saying that i think it is possible. As long as its not proven different, im open for anything. Just not religion. And buttsecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.