RELIGION DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bible is no more true than the Koran, the Talmud, the Hadith, the Tripitikas, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, or the Star Wars Trilogy.

edit: In my humble opinion.

Bible. It was written by many diff people, making Jesus + God exist. Also I have felt god being with me and so have many other people too.

The bible is no more true than the Koran, the Talmud, the Hadith, the Tripitikas, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, or the Star Wars Trilogy.

@Virtuoosi, if I decided to suddenly believe that Albus Dumbledore created the universe and that a Wizard named Harry Potter is the divine being and he will one day absolve us from our sins. Would you not think I was clinically insane?

Oh and here's an idea, every year thousands of people are locked up in mental institutions for schizophrenia... So why aren't people who believe they can talk to an invisible god also locked up?

edit: In my humble opinion.

It was written by many different people, not by one. There was many people to witness the things. Would a police officer believe when he goes to a accident place to sort out a car crash, and then he starts asking from the people what happened and all say the same thing, would the officer believe them? No, he thinks theyre trying to steal cash from insurance companies. But then theres this other accident, and now all of the people say different things, other one talks bout the car color, other one talks bout how the cars went apart when they crashed etc. So does the bible. 1 Of the apostols tells alot bout when they met jesus and how it happened, other one just tells that they met and the apostols started to travel with him

Alright, I shall tell you all the truth. Cthulhu, the Elder God, came from the stars in stranger aeons and awaits at his underwater corpse-city of Ry'leh dead but dreaming for the time when the stars are right and he can emerge to destroy humanity. Please do not go insane at this knowledge.

edit: CTHULHU FTHAGN!

I would like to direct all of your attention to the song "Adjusting the Sun" by Hypocrisy.

Reach for the sky.
Dare it for quest.
It will make you blind.
There is no end.
And reach the stars, and planets, solar systems afar.
Is there anyone out there, to our lonesome prayers?

Science.
Terrorists.
Religion.
AntiChrist.
You think you know the answer?
Heaven.
Hell.
God.
Satan.
There would be none without the other.

Alright, I shall tell you all the truth. Cthulhu, the Elder God, came from the stars in stranger aeons and awaits at his underwater corpse-city of Ry'leh dead but dreaming for the time when the stars are right and he can emerge to destroy humanity. Please do not go insane at this knowledge.

Quick! Build temples! Worship Cthulhu, we will all be safe and he will spare us if we do!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neither side has definitive evidence... But only one side has evidence at all.
The bible is no more truthful or real than Homer's The Odyssey or The Iliad. It is just a book of myths.

You seriously cant be serious.:zombie:

seriouscat.jpg

@Virtuoosi, if I decided to suddenly believe that Albus Dumbledore created the universe and that a Wizard named Harry Potter is the divine being and he will one day absolve us from our sins. Would you not think I was clinically insane?

Oh and here's an idea, every year thousands of people are locked up in mental institutions for schizophrenia... So why aren't people who believe they can talk to an invisible god also locked up?

:lol:

Anyway, im off to get some food. To sum my beliefs up: Man is not God's biggest mistake, but God is Man's biggest mistake.

You seriously cant be serious.:zombie:

I'm serious, and I'm happy about that I am. Because I believe without seeing and I love my God.

No, I would just think that youre very big fan of Harry Potter. And because it was written by the people who we know and who lived at the same time that we did. I haven't heard any where that he would have recieved the messages from some1 and wrote them up? No, I think he does it as his job, writes books.

I think theyre nuts. If they would really they wouldn't go around yelling about it. God tells not to praise him like they do in public places, he tells you to do it by praying, in your own peace. Not like the rabbis in the time when Jesus lived, who felt good being called Rabbi when going to town and people respected them because of that. They prayed out loud leaning to the alter and thought they were better than others

Status
Not open for further replies.