RELIGION DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm serious, and I'm happy about that I am. Because I believe without seeing and I love my God.

Hypothetical question (please answer without referring to God), if I were to tell you when you die you go 6 feet under the ground and there is nothing more to it, how would you feel? Just a black nothing, no heaven or hell. Doesn't seem glamorous but what would you think of it?

Yeah alot of people witnessed adam and eve and how Mr. Gawd created earth etc..

God gave most of his knowledge to Moses, I believe, who told this to the people who were close to him and to the ones who asked. Moses wrote the first chapter of the Bible, and the other parts were written by the other people who wanted to write about it for the other generations so that they know where they are from.

God gave most of his knowledge to Moses, I believe, who told this to the people who were close to him and to the ones who asked. Moses wrote the first chapter of the Bible, and the other parts were written by the other people who wanted to write about it for the other generations so that they know where they are from.

So it could therefore be based on anything, lies, deceit, myth, mistakes, personal opinion and a whole variety of undeterminable variables. It's the least reliable book ever written.

My favourite quote ever:

Epicurus

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

@ Virtuoosi : you're the king of guy I smack down against my door on sunday, 8AM.
What? I don't understand this one..

Hypothetical question (please answer without referring to God), if I were to tell you when you die you go 6 feet under the ground and there is nothing more to it, how would you feel? Just a black nothing, no heaven or hell. Doesn't seem glamorous but what would you think of it?

Yes, I know that I'm gonna be buried like everyone else. I would think that that's what life is, every one has to die someday and we just have to accept it.

So it could therefore be based on anything, lies, deceit, myth, mistakes, personal opinion and a whole variety of undeterminable variables. It's the least reliable book ever written.

My favourite quote ever:

I don't fully understand it as I don't know all of the words youre using. Is that part from the Bible? If yes, what part, I wanna read it on my own language.

No it's not from the bible (it makes sense and uses logic, it couldn't be from the bible :lol:)

Epicurus was a greek philosopher. And in my opinion a genius.

Yes, I know that I'm gonna be buried like everyone else. I would think that that's what life is, every one has to die someday and we just have to accept it.

I didn't ask how you feel about dying one day, I asked how you would feel if there was no heaven, just an endless "sleep" so to speak.

This should be called the "Ask Virtuoosi" thread :lol:

I don't fully understand it as I don't know all of the words youre using. Is that part from the Bible? If yes, what part, I wanna read it on my own language.

What I am basically saying is that if the bible is written by many people. Then those people could have written whatever they wanted:
lies, deceit, myth, mistakes, personal opinion

Which means that the Bible is something that simply should not be believed in, and it would be insanity to do so.

Im like, gonna freeze myself in like, right now, with a lord of the rings book, and then somewhere in the future i will claim that thats what happened.. for the lulz.

I mean, thats basicly what happened with the bible.. I wouldnt be suprised if whoever wrote the damn thing just made it for entertainment :lol:

Ok, lemme get my wordbook and I'll try to understand it, takes some time thou.

Don't worry I'll make it simpler, it's in old english anyway. =

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not cannot? Then he is not all powerful. Is he able, but does not want to? Then he is malevolent. Is he able and he wants to? Then why does evil exist? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God/believe in him?

What I am basically saying is that if the bible is written by many people. Then those people could have written whatever they wanted:
The bible was collected by the ones which seemed to look the most telling about the same thing. And many people wasnt up to write about this, 1 reason is that there wasn't many who were able to write by that time.

Which means that the Bible is something that simply should not be believed in, and it would be insanity to do so.

I understand those words, but what malevolent means? :S:S:S: MY book doesnt say that 1..

lies, deceit, myth, mistakes, personal opinion

Good point. Here is a few other points to take into consideration:

1. Christianity is based on fear.
2. Christianity preys on the innocent.
3. Christianity is based on dishonesty.
4. Christianity is extremely egocentric.
5. Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality.
6. Christianity breeds authoritarianism.
7. Christianity is cruel.
8. Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific.
9. Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex.
10. Christianity produces sexual misery.
11. Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality.
12. Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils.
13. Christianity depreciates the natural world.
14. Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization.
15. Christianity sanctions slavery.
16. Christianity is misogynistic.
17. Christianity is homophobic.
18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ’s teachings.
19. The Bible, Christianity’s basic text, is riddled with contradictions.
20. Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions.

[/thread]

12. Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils.
20. Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions.

[/thread]

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.

I didn't ask how you feel about dying one day, I asked how you would feel if there was no heaven, just an endless "sleep" so to speak.

This should be called the "Ask Virtuoosi" thread :lol:

Ahh, well I would still feel the same of the endless sleep. I still wouldn't had changed anything on my life or live it by any other way.

Im like, gonna freeze myself in like, right now, with a lord of the rings book, and then somewhere in the future i will claim that thats what happened.. for the lulz.

I mean, thats basicly what happened with the bible.. I wouldnt be suprised if whoever wrote the damn thing just made it for entertainment :lol:

I believe that freezing thing is not possible. And if that would of happened with the bible, where all the electric things would of had disappeared by then when he gets unfreezed? I don't agree at all with your idea.

Well, I belong to a protestantic church of christianity. The Bible was written by the people in that days world by that time, not today. Which means we have to adapt it to the todays world. And still, the Bible doesn't say anything about the evolution.

Also, the way how they teach the religion on the USA to their kids is really sad. That's propably the place where you got your beliefs/thoughts about christianity from. The fundamentalitychristians(???) of USA, are really a shame to all of the christian people in todays modernizing(??) world. They tend to deny everything about science and praise the faultlessity of the Bible. The Bible is it's own times book and was written from what people knew by that time. And the ignorance of those ppl is the reason why theres those mistakes which you might notice. But the word which there is, is faultless and will last forever.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
I still don't understand what malevolent meant but. God knows everything, he is able to prevent evil and he want's to.

There's "evil" AKA Satan, which is also creation of God. God created him to test people on their faith. Whether they still love god when they feel sorrow and pain, or they do not. He makes also decisions based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.