religion

i don't have a lot of time to make a long post right now
but i have read this thread

Won't be reading it but thanks for letting us know.

Great! You can't defeat somebody else's arguments, so you leave the battleground and declare yourself the winner! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He's exhibiting the symptoms of being quite intelligent while at the same time not being able to let go of the premise of religion. This creates some inner conflict that manifests in behavior like this.

I just knew people like this and think I might have seen a pattern, but I could easily be completely wrong. I don't claim to know everything about anyone including myself. :lol:

Then I'm completely wrong.

But I did get you to come back, so... Ha! you were totally still reading this thread.

It's much more intriguing and entertaining to instead discuss the metastructure of religion as a whole than to pick on a particular sect.

I'm done with this thread, because it is inevitably the case that people can't discuss this topic objectively.

You should at least try to get the ball rolling on the type of discussion you're looking for before giving up completely. I'm also interested in witnessing this level of objectivity my previous posts failed to reach, because I definitely felt like I was being objective when writing them.

For better or worse, most humans appeal to moral authority in religion. I'm not making a value judgment on it, just stating the fact.

Is it really a fact? It certainly doesn't seem to be so where I live.