Rep Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it'll probably be a regular occurence, whereas if the system didn't exist you wouldnt have your mods panties in a bunch in the first place. My two cents.

Do you all really care what goes on at the other forums? Let the chat people rep themselves. I don't see how this matters. All of us who have been here for a while know who's helpful and who's not. If someone from chat who has six green blocks comes in here, he's still going to be a noob. I can see rep being useful for mods who may need to keep tabs on problematic posting, but it really shouldn't matter to a vast majority of members.

Reactions: skeptik and Matt
MasterOLightning said:
Do you all really care what goes on at the other forums? Let the chat people rep themselves. I don't see how this matters. All of us who have been here for a while know who's helpful and who's not. If someone from chat who has six green blocks comes in here, he's still going to be a noob. I can see rep being useful for mods who may need to keep tabs on problematic posting, but it really shouldn't matter to a vast majority of members.

I agree 100% with this statement.:)

Bad idea any time. The reputation system encourages all of the bad behavior. It should remain off, IMO.

Int said:
The rep system failed miserably when it was previously implemented. Entire threads in the Chat forum and Opeth Off Topic/Seriously Off Topic, were dedicated to some pathetic rep circle jerk.

Fixed it for you. :Smug:

[edit whoa I have an awesome rep :cool:]

Yes, read above, and below. :dopey:

MetalAges said:
For those that asked, rep system is something to help identify those posters who are truly helpful, insighful and all around good willed in their posting. Those who troll and annoy people for (mostly) no reason, get negative rep. I am a member of several web design forums for instance, and the system works and is helpful. It can do the same here.

It's just a popularity contest, and doesn't really have much to do with who is helpful or not.

Yes, it was removed for good reason. People were taking negative rep points too seriously and others were absuing it.

I can't believe anybody gives a shit about any of this. This whole thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Necro Joe
Cythraul said:
I can't believe anybody gives a shit about any of this. This whole thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rep you but I've repped my limit in 24 hours. :lol:

Reactions: Cythraul
Status
Not open for further replies.