Residence Inn next year?

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Anyone have any luck booking there yet? I just gave it a shot and the website says there's no rooms available. Probably not openly booking yet, just want to know if I'm late to the party.

I was able to book two rooms today...

Hate to tell you this but you got the wrong Residence inn, you got the Midtown Historic district about 2 miles from the venue, You want the Residence Inn Midtown Peachtree/17thst, which says no rooms available those dates, they will book probably in Dec.

Don't forget to ask for the discounted rate if you belong to AAA. That takes the price down at least a *little* from the RI's special "Thank you, sir...may I please have another?" rate.

Not sure exactly how far in advance Jim books our rooms there - he uses some kind of Friends & Family discount (possibly similar to AAA) - and I think it ends up being about 89/night. Split between two people it isnt that bad, and we may be getting a weekly rate on top of that since we keep getting down there earlier and earlier each year.This year we parked elsewhere and didn't have to pay the $22/day for parking - if you take advantage of a couple of cost saving things, it isn't too bad at all.

jeff

Not sure exactly how far in advance Jim books our rooms there - he uses some kind of Friends & Family discount (possibly similar to AAA) - and I think it ends up being about 89/night. Split between two people it isnt that bad, and we may be getting a weekly rate on top of that since we keep getting down there earlier and earlier each year.This year we parked elsewhere and didn't have to pay the $22/day for parking - if you take advantage of a couple of cost saving things, it isn't too bad at all.

jeff

Where did you park? I've been investigating the parking situation for a couple years now in case I drive again next year.

I am thinking of staying outside midtown this year. Can someone familiar with day to day Atlanta traffic tell me how bad a commute from say Buckhead would be to center stage?

There are several Atlanta-area residents here who can give you more details of the day-to-day situation, but I've stayed at hotels a few miles away a couple times over the 11 years of the fest, and just drove in and parked in a nearby lot for the day. I don't recall ever having a problem... for a couple reasons; first, I wasn't driving in or out during rush hour, and second, I was arriving and parking my car at the venue area hours before the show... to eat, hang out, buy CDs, etc, then leaving late at night after the post-show partying. It's not like commuting to work, where if it takes longer than the time allotted, you're late. In this case, if it takes 20 minutes to get between Buckhead and Midtown instead of the expected 10, it's not a big deal... unless you're planning on driving back and forth between the venue and the hotel between sets or something.

Where did you park? I've been investigating the parking situation for a couple years now in case I drive again next year.

We parked a couple of blocks away at a lot that charges a flat fee. We didnt end up moving the car so ended up paying less for 4 days that one day at the hotel.

There are several near enough to the venue that you can peek in on it and see if your vehicle is alright as you go back and forth to and from shows.

Anyone have any luck booking there yet? I just gave it a shot and the website says there's no rooms available. Probably not openly booking yet, just want to know if I'm late to the party.

Sadface, Kris and I will be at fArtmore again, because well, I don't mind, and I like having a fridge and a close place for you to put your stuff in :)