Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Yes, Sabaton rocks.

I dont exactly love Iron Savior, but they arent bad either. I listen to them every once and a while.

Edit: I'm also fairly against the symphonic stuff... but I thought this album wasnt too bad:

Id be willing to try any recommendation similar to that... please no female vocalist though. Bleh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say this, but I prefer when you post about taking a shit when compared to when you talk about music.

any sabaton fans?

Hell yeah.

:kickass:

Edit: I'm also fairly against the symphonic stuff... but I thought this album wasnt too bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1jHBujX14

Id be willing to try any recommendation similar to that... please no female vocalist though. Bleh.

Not sure, since that's pretty much your run of the mill symphonic power metal. My favorite contemporary symphonic power metal album was probably Fairyland's Score to a New Beginning. Other than that, I'd suggest you check out Epica-era Kamelot (if you haven't), Tobias Sammet's Avantasia records, or some of the recs Kulak mentioned (EDIT: which actually include Avantasia; my bad).

Also, you've probably already come across them since they've been mentioned multiple times in this thread, but Orden Ogan have some symphonic elements. Their album Easton Hope is just awesome.

just cannot listen to Sabaton at all. such a bad singer

When I first heard Sabaton I had the same reaction. It took quite a bit of listening before I came to tolerate it (and then eventually to love it).

this is such an awesome song. has to be one of the best power/prog songs in the past few years. perfect to sing along to. only drag is the lyrics are a tad bit cheesy at parts. other lyrics are awesome though.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh come on. not everyone can be daniel heiman. for fucks sake. are you sure youre even a power metal fan? these are POWER METAL vocals.
sorry man. It's called "power" metal for a reason
I hear the chick from Sinergy and she is 100x better than that chump
Im picky as hell when it comes to powermetal. alot of the times the music is fine, but when the singing comes in... terrible.
at least Kai Hanson can sing.
Ben Sotto of Heavenly also kicks ass. even though the new stuff is really bad.

If it's not high and loud, then powermetal vocals can fuck off.

I honestly cannot stand most female singers, no idea why. I love Sabaton because I know no other power metal bands that have a deep gruff voice. most are rather Halford-esque, that is REALLY HIGH! hahaha anyone know any like sabaton?

I honestly cannot stand most female singers, no idea why. I love Sabaton because I know no other power metal bands that have a deep gruff voice. most are rather Halford-esque, that is REALLY HIGH! hahaha anyone know any like sabaton?

check out grave digger.

Chris Boltendahl has great vocals.