Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I love power metal, but only a few bands. Helloween, particularly the Deris era. Edguy. Those two bands are the two best power metal bands. I like Hammerfall. Can't get into Stratovarius, guess I'm not into symphonic stuff. I like two guitars, bass, and drums with big chorus's and melody. More on the Maiden/Priest side of things as opposed to the Dio or Malmsteen side.

But I really like Powerwolf.

Listening to new Accept and Judas Priest last couple of so records, one could say there are power metal elements in them. Ive always wondered if they are into bands like Helloween and Edguy.

I'm actually more into vocalists like Deris and Tobias Sammet when it comes to power metal. Sammet in his prime actually sounded like Kiske when he sent high, but his voice has changed so much.

What are some bands similar to newer Helloween and Edguy?

But I really like Powerwolf.

I get frustrated with Powerwolf because their albums usually have three or four really good tunes, but the rest range from mediocre to boring. Bible of the Beast probably had my favorite tunes of theirs; since then I haven't been interested in much they've done.

That vocalist can wail though.

Is anybody else a Blazon Stone fan in here? I really like that they made their whole style a dedication to the power metal era of Running Wild's music.

Their newest EP is very cool.

Stratovarius was pretty enjoyable to me for a while, but then it started to sound too reserved perhaps, if that makes sense.

I can't find anything fucking worth listening to in this genre anymore. I'm so obsessed with death metal right now anyway, I just don't have the urge to hunt for new bands. Seems like most new PM bands sound exactly the same. I do love Cain's Offering and find them better than Strato on every level. Timo should just focus on that full time. Both albums are so good.

Honestly Orden Ogan is about the only Power Metal band I truely find consistent album after album. They just keep pumping out amazing stuff. In Desperate need for some more!

Reactions: Einherjar86
I have finally discovered Lanfear - thanks for the recommendation. Amazing Band.

Another amazing band is Disdain - unfortunately they have released only 1 CD so far:

And as I am always looking for good melodic Power/Prog I would like to recommend Silent Call:

A strong record of 2016 which went a bit unnoticed has been Noveria - Forsaken.

And I discovered this nearly 10 yrs old masterpiece by Magnus Karlsson and Mark Boals: