Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Yes Lanfear is quite good, especially the newest record and particularly the single they released.

I agree about Disdain to a certain degree. "Leaping Cat" (stupid song title) has a killer intro but then it slows down and ruins all that killer momentum. Overall, good band though.

Fuck me sideways I've been addicted to Wuthering Heights the past two days. Such awesome music from these guys. I forgot how good they are. Not power metal per se, but they have elements for sure. Ass kicking riffs, and those vocals.....damn.....

I'm not much of a power metal fan, but I heard Warriors of the World by Manowar the great song, and behind its silliness, it's an awesome song.

Been listening to Omen's first 3 albums lately and enjoying the hell out of them. Haven't listened to them in probably a decade or better. I'm trying to get a little medieval :p and more into oldschool heavy/power metal. Anybody recommend something similar? Just picked up some Manilla Road stuff ( Crystal Logic, The Deluge, Out of the Abyss, and Mystification), haven't heard those in over 20 years. My older brother was more into that kind of stuff. Also picked up the Witch Cross album fit for the fight, so anything similar to that stuff, preferably oldschool but nothing against new shit either.

Reactions: CiG
Familiar with Liege Lord and Armored Saint, like em both, never listened to any of the other stuff listed. Checking out Brocas Helm - Into Battle now......definitely digging it. Follow it up with Black Death? Which do you guys prefer? Thanks guys! Keep the recommendations coming, I've been blowing shitloads of money on music lately :yow:

Reactions: CiG
Black Death is actually one of my favorite traditional metal albums ever.

SATANS PROPHETS
SATAN CASTS HIS SPELL!!!

That's awesome, most people prefer the debut. I prefer the debut but genuinely just love both, and I also love the Ghost Story demo tape from the 1990's.