Rick rubin producing next metallica album is a rumor no more.

Metallica doesn't hire anyone "hurting for a job" Rick probably wants a challenge, and he probably wants that metallica endorsed paycheck.
warparty666 said:
Wow, Rick must be hurting for a job to be willing to work with those jack-offs.

Rick has always had a knack for production of the "skins" IMO. Can't be any worse than St. Anger's tin cans! I'm actually interested for this next effort but I won't be buying it until the consensus on this board gives it a thumbs up. Didn't think St. Anger could be as bad as eveyone was implying. Shit, I still haven't listened to the last two tracks. I don't even have it in my living room with most of my other cd's. It's in storage b/c I couldn't trade it in b/c there's a scratch on it. They're headlining the Download event in the UK with Prodigy, Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine this summer.

Bass Fellow said:
Rick has always had a knack for production of the "skins" IMO. Can't be any worse than St. Anger's tin cans! I'm actually interested for this next effort but I won't be buying it until the consensus on this board gives it a thumbs up. Didn't think St. Anger could be as bad as eveyone was implying. Shit, I still haven't listened to the last two tracks. I don't even have it in my living room with most of my other cd's. It's in storage b/c I couldn't trade it in b/c there's a scratch on it. They're headlining the Download event in the UK with Prodigy, Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine this summer.
The consensus on this board?! Well, you're already 18 bucks richer.

The second-to-last track on St. Anger, Purify, is the best one.

Bass Fellow said:

if you think thats worse of trying to get rid of your st anger copy...I was trying to get rid of my copy of it but no-body wanted to take it...i tried to get rid of it but no-body wanted it...that album is ashame...

finally i just threw it away.....
the only song i kept was... all within my hands...it's o.k. it barely clinged on me.....:err:

my patience has finally paid off! New sound, metal back in their veins, and Rick Rubin!! YEAH! FINALLY!!! Now I officialy cant wait for the new 'tallica record!!!!!

This is pretty fucking great news!

Hang on I hate these guys now.

Rick Rubin wanted to make AC/DC play like youngsters again maybe he'll do that with Metallica? Another RTL?!

But Metallica are money hungry cocks nowadays.

But it's Rick Rubin he might just make them metal again!!!

Whatever, after St. Anger I'll be downloading the album for fuck all. Never again will I pay money for a Metallica album - those guys OWE me big time after I paid for Load, Reload, Garage Inc and St Anger. Every single one full of hype, every single one pure SHITE.

No one can polish a turd.

But no matter what Metallica sounds like, I'll "steal" their next album out of spite. I downloaded St. Anger for free even though I knew it sucks. As long as Metallica continue to release albums, I'll be there to download it for free. It's my holding a grudge against Lars getting me kicked off of Napster.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
my patience has finally paid off! New sound, metal back in their veins, and Rick Rubin!! YEAH! FINALLY!!! Now I officialy cant wait for the new 'tallica record!!!!!

"I can smell a lie like a fart in the car"-C. Slater,'Pump Up The Volume'

Stormwatch said:

I don't hate them, but it's a shame what they have become.

Rick Rubin wanted to make AC/DC play like youngsters again maybe he'll do that with Metallica? Another RTL?!

Think more along the lines of a more "edgy" Black Album. A partial return to form.

No comment.:tickled:

Unlikely

Whatever, after St. Anger I'll be downloading the album for fuck all. Never again will I pay money for a Metallica album - those guys OWE me big time after I paid for Load, Reload, Garage Inc and St Anger. Every single one full of hype, every single one pure SHITE.

If I don't buy it, I won't have it.

Oh well, they can never take the first four albums from us Lars...:cry:

Stormwatch said:

i totally hear you..i agree 100%..if you like maiden look out for their death on the road live dvd...it should be release on the 21st of feb..but according to my friend arty...he said that it might be pushed back till april..it's a 50/50 for next tuesday....:D

dbluntman said:
i totally hear you..i agree 100%..if you like maiden look out for their death on the road live dvd...it should be release on the 21st of feb..but according to my friend arty...he said that it might be pushed back till april..it's a 50/50 for next tuesday....:D

Are you being funny? I already have the DotR DVD - I posted a thread about it last week in GMD! :headbang:

dbluntman said:
if you think thats worse of trying to get rid of your st anger copy...I was trying to get rid of my copy of it but no-body wanted to take it...i tried to get rid of it but no-body wanted it.:
I took mine to three stores and I'm still stuck with it. I would put it on ebay but I don't need two bucks that bad.

Stormwatch said:
Are you being funny? I already have the DotR DVD - I posted a thread about it last week in GMD! :headbang:

There have been some reports of the PAL versions of the DVD having some tech glitches - I read that on BW&BK's site. No word on any tech problems with the North American versions - that could be where the talk of delaying the release is coming from. I haven't heard anything about a delay, but I'm not as much in the loop as I used to be.