Rick rubin producing next metallica album is a rumor no more.

ThraxDude said:
Okay. Thanks, man.

I DO BUY ALBUMS. I ALWAYS BUY ALBUMS IF I KNOW I'M NOT WASTING MY MONEY. I BOUGHT 8 COPIES OF W.C.F.Y.A.
IN FACT, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CD TODAY!! HOWEVER, WHEN IT COMES TO METALLICA, I WILL DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.
Lars doesn't deserve to be paid for anything after he tried suing his fans. Douche.

The humor in it all is he's talked about in interviews of James making copies of all of La's British metal cd's when they were younger. I guess he's forgotten what it was like to be young and broke.

ThraxDude said:
Okay. Thanks, man.

I DO BUY ALBUMS. I ALWAYS BUY ALBUMS IF I KNOW I'M NOT WASTING MY MONEY. I BOUGHT 8 COPIES OF W.C.F.Y.A.
IN FACT, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CD TODAY!! HOWEVER, WHEN IT COMES TO METALLICA, I WILL DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.
Lars doesn't deserve to be paid for anything after he tried suing his fans. Douche.
Funnily enough, they never filed a single lawsuit against any fan, but then again, you'd actually have to know what the fuck you were talking about, douche.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Funnily enough, they never filed a single lawsuit against any fan, but then again, you'd actually have to know what the fuck you were talking about, douche.

Their actions did however lead to the eventual demise of napster and other file sharing programs... is that not enough?? Fuck Lars and fuck his tin cans

LORD_GALVATRON said:

True... but they did turn over, I believe, Napster user names featuring those who were sharing Metallica's music.

Not trying to start a flame war here - after all, the real enemy (besides Kenny G) is the RIAA.

reidie said:
Their actions did however lead to the eventual demise of napster and other file sharing programs... is that not enough?? Fuck Lars and fuck his tin cans

who gives a fuck about napster

there are and always were alternatives

reidie said:
And? They stopped a program that facilitates an illegal activity. Get over it.

look at the bright side guys. 2006 (or maybe 2007 at the pace these guys work at) will hold a very funny new record for us to download, make fun of, then delete.

Bass Fellow said:
What's a douche?:tickled:
Douche = me, Thra:rofl:ude I guess...?

Metallica tried suing Napster. The guys who made napster.com used to be Metallica fans.
I used Napster to sample music because I refuse to buy an album unless I know it's good. True, some people will download entire albums that they like and never pay for them. Those people are douches too.
I, however, will BUY THE FUCKING ALBUM IF I LIKE IT.

The only two bands whose albums I know I don't have to sample before I make a purchase are Anthrax and Slayer.
Now, to edit my signature:

ThraxDude said:
No one can polish a turd.

But no matter what Metallica sounds like, I'll "steal" their next album out of spite. I downloaded St. Anger for free even though I knew it sucks. As long as Metallica continue to release albums, I'll be there to download it for free. It's my holding a grudge against Lars getting me kicked off of Napster.
Ditto that. :headbang:

Who knows what will happen. I still have faith. Its funny that Anthrax can do what they want, and any other band, but as soon as a successfual band does what they want to do, even if it is in the vein of "selling-out" it is scruitinized. Oh well, I will still buy the album, just to have for my collection.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
Who knows what will happen. I still have faith. Its funny that Anthrax can do what they want, and any other band, but as soon as a successfual band does what they want to do, even if it is in the vein of "selling-out" it is scruitinized. Oh well, I will still buy the album, just to have for my collection.

Dude, I see your point - Metallica catches a lot more shit then other bands (ie, Anthrax, Megadeth, even Slayer) that have "developed" over the years. BUT there is a really big difference when my ears hear this stuff. I LIKE the Newer Anthrax and Megadeth stuff (except risk, blaaahh) where as the new Metallica stuff does nothing for me.

Ok I lied, it does something for me - just nothing good. I think that a lot of people are bitching about what Metallica changed into, not that they changed in the first place. Any band will develop drasticaly over 20 years time - even Slayer - but Metallica just.......... took things a different way.

I don't make fun of them for their success - I wish all metal bands could have gotten what they have - I make fun of them because I think Lars is a Cunt and I can't stand Jame's voice and I think Kirk is a pussy for letting them rape him again and again. Jason and Cliff are still the only two members of Metallica I respect. Cliff was taken from us when the band was in their prime, and Jason actually had the balls to say "enough is enough" and leave. I respect MegaDave quite a lot too, but if I say he was in Metallica I'm sure I will be haxed to death with people telling me that Mustaine was never really in the band and his membership does not count. I think Metallica's new bass player seems pretty bad ass - and from what I can see they treat him ok and let him do his thing, and that is great. I hope he is doing what he is doing not just for the money, but also to have a blast.

Downloading Metallica isn't stealing.
But I don't know why anyone would do it. I mean from time to time you may walk by a piece of dog shit in the park.
You wouldn't take it home though.

TRUE.

See the point is, Metallica isn't the same. I won't download or buy anything they ever put out again cause i know it'll sound like shit.

Megadeth's last album blew balls but at least it had like 3 0r 4 good songs on it.