Rick rubin producing next metallica album is a rumor no more.

Stormwatch said:
Rick Rubin wanted to make AC/DC play like youngsters again maybe he'll do that with Metallica? Another RTL?!
The only thing I have against Rubin's work with AC/DC is it seemed a bit treble-heavy. You still knew that Cliff Williams was playing the bass, but it didn't sound in the front of the mix to my old ears. Stiff Upper Lip was a better disc than Ballbreaker, IMHO - but I think that had more to do with Angus & the boys' songwriting.

If Metallica goes in with the same kind of songwriting that sank their last few albums - well, even with Rubin behind the boards, you can't make ice cream out of shit. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and will probably try to preview it before I buy it. (Ah, if only Metallica would allow you to stream their music on a service like Rhapsody - so I could hear it before I dropped any coin and keep things legal.)

If they stay off the pro-tools and actually write songs the proper way rather than just on the fly then I will be happy.

I didn't mind St Anger - its not the greatest album ever but its not the worst by a mile. I tried to put aside all the hype and pre judgements I had in my head and thought, give it a try.

I think some ppl just wanna hate their music just because they hate them. Personally I don't hate them. Lars is and always was a d1ck but after watching the Doco, James seems to have more of the issues and more of an a$$hole.

Anyway heres to a future thats long and fruitful of REAL Metallica albums.

St anger was a terrible album made worse by the expectation that was generated by such a long break inbetween albums. I honestly dont think ive listened to it at all since about a month after its release...

I hope rick can inject some life into a dying career, but i dont think its going to be possible. From various interviews etc i get the picture that Metallica were actually happy with st anger... Hopefully they write some decent lyrics this time and make j-het re-do out of tune vocals...

Rick Rubin put out the last Slipknot album which was the least heavy of the 3 Slipknot albums and took Slipknot to an even more mainstream avenue. I really doubt someone as creative as Rick Rubin will make Metallica a heavy thrash band once again. The production will be better than St.Anger but thats not saying much. I garuntee you another Load meets St. Anger album from these has beens.

Stormwatch said:
Are you being funny? I already have the DotR DVD - I posted a thread about it last week in GMD! :headbang:

i was not aware of it last week...I may have overlooked that thread you posted.....:D

ThraxDude said:
No one can polish a turd.

But no matter what Metallica sounds like, I'll "steal" their next album out of spite. I downloaded St. Anger for free even though I knew it sucks. As long as Metallica continue to release albums, I'll be there to download it for free. It's my holding a grudge against Lars getting me kicked off of Napster.

May all song-thieving cock-sucks die a syphillitic pus-filled death.

I'd like to get paid for my work too. Point your hate at the record companies that are destroying good music, not the artists. Douche.

Bass Fellow said:
Rick has always had a knack for production of the "skins" IMO. Can't be any worse than St. Anger's tin cans! I'm actually interested for this next effort but I won't be buying it until the consensus on this board gives it a thumbs up.

If everyone made their decision to buy the new Metallica album based on a bunch of opinions from dickheads on some message board who are no matter what going to say it sucks anyway then a band wouldnt sell any records at all. Dont take other peoples word for it, get it and listen to it and judge for yourself.

This is good news though, i just hope it doesnt sound like Metallica doing 'system of a down'.

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
my patience has finally paid off! New sound, metal back in their veins, and Rick Rubin!! YEAH! FINALLY!!! Now I officialy cant wait for the new 'tallica record!!!!!

Don't hold your breath, boss.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Rick The production will be better than St.Anger but thats not saying much. I garuntee you another Load meets St. Anger album from these has beens.

If the next album is a load meets Saint Anger it could be good if the right elements from each were taken.

Vocals =Load (in tune)
Lyrics= Load(not repetitive)
subject matter= Saint Anger( Angry and depressing)
Drums(minus the ping) Saint Anger.( Amazing solos and fills)
Production= Rick Rubin (DuH)
guitars= Saint Anger ( guitar work was very itricate even though no solos)
Solos= Load( It had fucking solos
Bass= Rob (Duh)

If all these were put together I think we could be pleasantly suprised. (Could)

Anyone who is a good fan of metallica know, just like Anthrax, dont give a shit about what others think and make music for themselves (although Lars has stated they brought in Rock to be more "radio friendly"). I would just like an album that sound good to blast in my stereo that is HEAVY. I hate the Black Album with a passion, but Sab But True is awesome. I would like to see a return to that, but I doubt I do.

Lord Ash said:
If the next album is a load meets Saint Anger it could be good if the right elements from each were taken.

Vocals =Load (in tune)
Lyrics= Load(not repetitive)
subject matter= Saint Anger( Angry and depressing)
Drums(minus the ping) Saint Anger.( Amazing solos and fills)
Production= Rick Rubin (DuH)
guitars= Saint Anger ( guitar work was very itricate even though no solos)
Solos= Load( It had fucking solos
Bass= Rob (Duh)

If all these were put together I think we could be pleasantly suprised. (Could)

Yer crazy! What drum solos are there on St Anger? I can't remember any. The guitar work on St Anger was not intricate - it was dumbed down crap. And the solos on Load were pish. If the new album is ANYTHING like Load or St Anger it'll be utter crap.
The challenge is to sound fresh while retaining their roots - like Priest did on Angel of Retribution, or Thrax did on WCFYA.

Rozy157 said:
May all song-thieving cock-sucks die a syphillitic pus-filled death.

I'd like to get paid for my work too. Point your hate at the record companies that are destroying good music, not the artists. Douche.
Okay. Thanks, man.

I DO BUY ALBUMS. I ALWAYS BUY ALBUMS IF I KNOW I'M NOT WASTING MY MONEY. I BOUGHT 8 COPIES OF W.C.F.Y.A.
IN FACT, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CD TODAY!! HOWEVER, WHEN IT COMES TO METALLICA, I WILL DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.
Lars doesn't deserve to be paid for anything after he tried suing his fans. Douche.