Rites of Darkness Fest III (first 5 bands announced)

Demigod released arguably the finest death metal album of all time. Divine Eve and Mortuary Drape are classic bands. Evoken and Mournful Congregation are masters of extreme doom. In addition, Ignivomous, Mitochondrion, Birth A.D, Hour of 13, and Weapon are some of the most important bands making metal right now.

:lol: Is it bad that I haven't heard a single band ? The only festivals I hear about in the states are comprised of shitty brutal death metal bands or shitty black metal bands. this one sounds like both

This might be the worst post I've ever read on any forum.

anyway.

Zemial from Greece is confirmed as well.

Although this is way too early to be doing such a thing, it would be awesome to organize some sort of UM Rites of Darkness thing akin to the UM MDF meet. I will definitely attend to this festival, it's only a state away after all and the line-up is just incredible.

Rites of Darkness 3 March announcements:

I understand December is pretty far away but hopefully you guys can arrange your travel arrangements to get to Texas. The festival will now officially take place for 3 days from December 9th to the 11th. Tickets will officially go on sale when all bands have been announced. Individual days will be announced shortly around then. Here are a few more bands set to decimate in December including ZEMIAL performing a special ritual for their first and only ever North American appearance:

ZEMIAL (First and only ever North American performance)
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION (Australia)
INTERMENT (Sweden)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
IMPETUOUS RITUAL (Australia)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
GRAVE UPHEAVAL (Australia)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
ANHEDONIST (SE)
ILSA (WA)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)

The full line up is as follows:

ZEMIAL (First and only ever North American performance)
DEMIGOD (Finland)
MORTUARY DRAPE (Italy)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION (Australia)
SARGEIST (Finland)
URFAUST (Netherlands)
IGNIVOMOUS (Australia)
INTERMENT (Sweden)
EVOKEN (NJ)
ANATOMIA (Japan)
WEAPON (Canada)
FUNEBRARUM (NJ)
CIANIDE (IL)
IMPETUOUS RITUAL (Australia)
HOUR OF 13 (NC)
MITOCHONDRION (Canada)
DEMONICAL (Sweden)
GRAVE UPHEAVAL (Australia)
DIVINE EVE (TX)
ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
ALDEBARAN (OR)
ANHEDONIST (SE)
ILSA (WA)
BIRTH A.D. (TX)
GRAVE RITUAL (GA)
P.L.F. (TX)
WARMASTER (TX)

SEE YOU IN DECEMBER!

Any idea of how many bands there will be total? Also, I assume that the venue will change given expansion of the festival.

Edit: I just noticed Impetuous Ritual. HOLY FUCK. If Portal is added, I'll shit bricks. It only makes sense given the presence of Mournful Congregation and Impetuous Ritual.

The venue may change if the headliners we are working with goes through. But if not, it will stay at the White Rabbit. So max capacity will be roughly around 900-1000. In other words, if the show sells out, it sells out. Tickets will go fast once all bands are announced which will be roughly around the end of April.

I had a few more confirmed to be announced on this date but we couldn't come to an agreement so expect some more band additions till the final announcement in April.

If this fest was pushed back a week or held after Christmas it would be easier to make a commitment. I'd hate the idea of buying a ticket in April and finding out that I cannot attend due to school things. You should get Pagan Altar to play.

If this fest was pushed back a week or held after Christmas it would be easier to make a commitment. I'd hate the idea of buying a ticket in April and finding out that I cannot attend due to school things. You should get Pagan Altar to play.

If Pagan Altar plays then I'm gonna say fuck it and go down no matter what happens.

Oh, and try to get Manilla Road to play