Roundhouse Tapes DVD

as I said. I just don't like the song. But nonetheless it's also a crushing performance and soundwise it's so much better than the original.

What made the Roundhouse gig so bad for you?

I go to many gigs but the roundhouse was an odd experience.
We were near the front, i'm tall and my girlfriend is rather short.. anyway we were excited but as soon as Opeth came on it got too crazy. I'm used to this at gigs but there was a lot of pushing going on, I don't understand why.. I kinda put it down to Opeth getting bigger and attracting lots of new fans through Roadrunner.. i've never had that experience at other gigs of bands not as big..

But yeah we got half crushed and had to retreat, it was a great gig of course but slightly ruined that.. and loosing a shoe (Finding it after though!)...

Seeing it on DVD will be great as we didn't pay a lot of attention to Opeth, more attention to trying not to get crushed and protect my girlfriend.. but their were a lot of decent people there who were helping too..

:)
According to my gig history i've been to over 56 gigs including Wacken twice and never had such an experience of being pushed! Odd?

- Face Of Melinda sounds so much better than the studio version..beautiful
- Under the weeping moon sounds so creepy and eerie...what a brilliant tune I never paid attention to
- TNATSW is probably my least favourite..but that has nothing to do with the recording..I just don't like the song
- BWP destroys just everything

The only thing that bothers me about the live version of FoM is that Mike "cuts off" the singing parts in the end, instead of singing it like on the album. Other than that, it's awesome!

UtWM is great on the dvd! Although I like some parts on the album version better, like the clean singing part.

TNatSW is like the best track on Morningrise! :O

Agreed about BWP, best part of the whole dvd I believe.

Edit: Oh, and I like the lighting and the way it was filmed on "Lamentations" a lot better. Too much light and weird flying cameras on "The Roundhouse Tapes".

Well, I'm not a fan of Morningrise. Probably because I haven't listened to it very much. It's a complex beast. Haven't fully digested it yet. Orchid is much more pleasant for me.

I'm sorry to the few above poster, but because I'm so hindered from smashing an entire bottle of sailor jerrys, if you are a true Opeth fan, MORNINGRISE is fucking brilliant.

It takes time, It's probably one of my least favorite albums by them (which coming from Opeth, means absolutely nothing) that I absoutely fucking love the entire cd.

The crazy riffs from dual guitars, into intense breakdowns and one of the most underrated songs of Opeth ever, motherfucking

NIGHT AND THE SILENT WATER.

That song alone makes this cd brilliant, yet the other ones are just masterpieces of time.

If you sit back in a different state of mind, this cd is absolutely incredible.

Yet, from their entire catalogue it's my least listened to I must say. Yet each time I do listen to it, it's special in it's own way. After realizing that Opeth is perfection, Each cd is amazing in it's own right. Sure some may bet a tad bit better than others, but it comes down to what you want to hear from them at a given time. That's what makes Opeth so special.

only reason why under the weeping moon might be slightly better live is because the clean vocals dont suck donkey balls like they do on orchid (and morningrise).

^I agree mostly about the vocals on Orchid, (like on "the apostle in triumph - not good) but the clean vocals on under the weeping moon and the twilight is my robe (the birds of the sun separates...) is fucking awesome, love them. Nothing wrong with the cleans on Morningrise, took me a while to get used to the vocals in general on these two albums though.

I got my copy from a local record store the day it came out. Hadn't heard of the special edition at that time, but it turned out, that it was the special edition I had bought after all. Sweet!

Anyway, I've watched the DVD twice now, and I must say it's really great. The sound is really good, and everyone performs greatly, especially Mikaels singing is just spot on.

The highlight for me is Blackwater Park (My favorite Opeth track ever), though the band doesn't quite catch the amazing atmosphere of the studio version. That would be impossible anyway.
Face of Mlinda and Ghost of Perdition is crushing as well.

The only thing I don't like about the DVD, is that the camera almost constantly is on Mikael. Mikael is of course the most important member, since he's the singer, and does most of the solos. But I'd just like to see the other bandmembers as well. I mean, I would like to see the face expressions of Lindgren and Mendez more than a split second at a time. And Axe was almost completely "invisible" through the whole show.

Anyone else find this annoying?

I go to many gigs but the roundhouse was an odd experience.
We were near the front, i'm tall and my girlfriend is rather short.. anyway we were excited but as soon as Opeth came on it got too crazy. I'm used to this at gigs but there was a lot of pushing going on, I don't understand why.. I kinda put it down to Opeth getting bigger and attracting lots of new fans through Roadrunner.. i've never had that experience at other gigs of bands not as big..

But yeah we got half crushed and had to retreat, it was a great gig of course but slightly ruined that.. and loosing a shoe (Finding it after though!)...

Seeing it on DVD will be great as we didn't pay a lot of attention to Opeth, more attention to trying not to get crushed and protect my girlfriend.. but their were a lot of decent people there who were helping too..

:)
According to my gig history i've been to over 56 gigs including Wacken twice and never had such an experience of being pushed! Odd?

:erk::erk::erk::erk:

Yes screw the goddamn pushing but it's a metal gig and I have a hard time believeing you've been to wacken, did you sit in your tent all the time?

Pushing, and even more so moshpits, are retarded but it shouldnt "destroy" a one and a half hour gig for crying out loud

" I don't understand why.. I kinda put it down to Opeth getting bigger and attracting lots of new fans through Roadrunner.." You think this is a problem?

I myself am waiting for the US release, but I am watching Ghost Of Perdition on YouTube and I must say it is incredible!

I love Pers keys on the dvd, he adds so many great nuances to the old songs. I especially like TNATSW with his melancholic keys during the main quiet bit.

I have my DVD now. (nicely signed and everything) It was very cool watching it on the big screen in the cinema with the band.
The fan interviews are very funny.