Roundhouse Tapes DVD

:erk::erk::erk::erk:

Yes screw the goddamn pushing but it's a metal gig and I have a hard time believeing you've been to wacken, did you sit in your tent all the time?

Pushing, and even more so moshpits, are retarded but it shouldnt "destroy" a one and a half hour gig for crying out loud

" I don't understand why.. I kinda put it down to Opeth getting bigger and attracting lots of new fans through Roadrunner.." You think this is a problem?

I feel misunderstood.. I regularly enjoy pits, but usually at a gig there isn't such a big force of pushing, it wasn't the pit, it was just being pushed and crushed to the point it was hard to stay standing up at points while I was trying to help my girlfriend from falling under.. there were people who were helping but as Isaid i've been to many gigs and been near the front or pit and not been pushed like that..
I still enjoyed the gig but it gave a bit of a bad experience compared to the excitement of seeing Opeth.. going the rest of the gig worrying about where my girlfriends shoe had gone!

And the Wacken comment, hopefully you understand me more now, I had a blast at Wacken, in a few of the pits, in the madness, sometimes its pretty awesome, depending on the music, just as I said above ,the Opeth thing was in a league of its own... maybe if this gig was tomorrow i'd have gone with the flow more, who knows..

Re. Roadrunner, well I'm up for new fans, but felt like there was a lot of kids there, not that i'm against them but people who find it fun to just push people and watch the wave go.. I don't know if this really happens but i've been told it happens at festivals a lot, (The big ones like Reading and the like), where people just push..

Sorry if I make myself sound like a bore :| I'm quite the opposite, but as I said it depends!
David

Finally found a copy of the special edition yesterday, havent stopped watching it since. Anyone else from australia have trouble finding it? I spent the last few weeks searching for it as jbhi fi said theyd have it by the 20th of last month (which sounded a bit fishy). Funnily found it at jb even though it says they have none in stock...

^I've had that exact same thing with jb employees. They often seem lost/vague as to when something is arriving. I ordered the dvd off burning shed this time though.

Found the special edition yesterday in a local media store. I thought this was going to be limited to peaceville online shop? So it was useless to order.

So the special edition is available elsewhere? Amazon (US and UK) have the special edition slipcase as the image for the DVD - I wonder if that is a mistake or they are really selling the special edition?

Klämrisk;7777053 said:
I bought this a week ago. Deluxe edition. :)

The only thing that's wrong with the DVD is that there's too little Mendez shots! :mad: Otherwise it OWNS!!!!

I think that's why they felt the need to make up for it with all the Mendez praising at the end.

wtf. Did anybody else spot this? Take a look at 1:14:41, do Opeth have 3 guitar players now? There's some guy behind the boxes supporting them.

Got this yesterday. Looks good, sounds good, good setlist. Fan interviews are embarrassingly goofy.

My one complaint is to Peaceville for totally dropping the ball with releasing this in any sort of timely manner...I realize they (or somebody) were trying to coordinate with the Watershed release somehow, but releasing this one year after the cd is released, after that had itself been delayed by six months or so, so that we are finally seeing the footage of this concert two years after it had taken place is a little ridiculous. Particularly when everything was ready to go in April/May of 2007!