ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #7: The final

of all the awesome bands that were in this to begin with, and we come out with these two jewbabies

Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss"

I own:

The Mantle CD
The Mantle LP
Pale Folklore CD
Of Stone Wind and Pillor CD
Mantle tour shirt
OSWaP shirt (ultra kvlt omg l@@k)
That 7"
The Grey EP
Nest Split
From which of this Oak Demo (on CD-R courtesy of Erik)
MP3 bootleg of Cambridge, MA show (look, it's a 70Mb file, worthy of listing :loco: )

...but fuck me, is this tournament final retarded.

No vote. And no soup for you! NEXT!

Soupnazi.jpg

Now this is a tough choice, both are stunning albums and extremly emotional, but I feel I haven't really grasped PF yet, while I've been acquainted with Hvis for quite some time... yeah

Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss

JayKeeley said:
I own:

The Mantle CD
The Mantle LP
Pale Folklore CD
Of Stone Wind and Pillor CD
Mantle tour shirt
OSWaP shirt (ultra kvlt omg l@@k)
That 7"
The Grey EP
Nest Split
From which of this Oak Demo (on CD-R courtesy of Erik)
MP3 bootleg of Cambridge, MA show (look, it's a 70Mb file, worthy of listing :loco: )

...but fuck me, is this tournament final retarded.

No vote. And no soup for you! NEXT!

shit ... you created this monster ... fucking Agalloch again?
ROYAL PINKAGE is the name of this forum from now on. The best part is people voting for Aggaloch are mostly ones that rarely participate here.

Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss"

But this is gay regardless ...

how is Burzum gay and not metal? I'm really confused here. Or are you all just pissed because funderground bullshit like Slayer, Maiden, and Hammers didn't win?

Exactly! Tohmet = most metal song evAr! :loco:

but seriously, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss has a great metal guitar tone, awesome riffs, and is just fucking killer and sooo atmospheric!

Not really, a lot of his lyrics are fantastic- some of them might not make a lot of sense, or might seem cheesy at times, but there is a purpose for it.

The lyrics to Det Som En Gang Var are amazing. If ignores them and passes them off as "cheesy" or "gay" you don't deserve to listen to Burzum.

...but the ones on the s/t suck. Yes.

J. said:
I'm really confused here. Or are you all just pissed because funderground bullshit like Slayer, Maiden, and Hammers didn't win?

Metallica and Maiden came 3rd and 4th in a forum where the average age is 20. I'd say that's pretty fucking phenomenal! Let's remember, it's a tournament. People are going to make funny comments! Just because you vote for one doesn't mean you hate the other. I think I just proved that with the amount of Agalloch stuff I own.

I think it's fair for people to contribute more to a thread than just their vote. Otherwise, what would be the fun in that?

I totally understand that, but with comments constantly bashing Agalloch as emo, and comments calling Burzum non-metal, and then you who didn't vote because it was "retarded", I just didn't know where a lot of you stood.

I love the funny comments, but in some sort of manner, if feels like sour grapes.

ANd I really think a lot of the 30-somethings make too much of a big deal out the age difference. As a lot of you say, the classics are timeless, so it shouldn't matter. right?