Royal Carnage March Madness - Sweet 16 (Votes Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Zod said:
I'll check out the RC feature. Is "Hammerheart" the best place to start?

Zod
I'd say so, but I haven't heard every album. One Rode to Asa Bay is commonly considered a song that is the musical equivalent of Kings Among Men, just like carnies.

EDIT: Awesome, my naked DVD Ulver comment made it into 'gugs signature. :headbang:

I love Twilight of the Gods. If you like Moonsorrow, Bathory is a must since Moonsorrow stole a bunch of Bathory riffs, at least on Voimasta and Suden Uni

Knowing Zod's tastes, do NOT start him off with Blood Fire Death or Twilight of the Gods!! He won't appreciate the thrash or vocals respectively. Just go with Hammerheart, or make a compilation.

With that said, he voted for My Dying Bride over Slough Feg's beer & metal approach, and he hates doom. Go figure.

Bracket 1
Ulver
Agalloch

Bracket 2
Burzum
The Lord Weird Slough Feg

Bracket 3
Amorphis
Enslaved (argh argh argh I hate you)

Bracket 4
Opeth
Bathory (no contest at all)

markgugs said:
Greg, you want to trade some CDRs? I'll burn you Hammerheart & Twilight of the Gods (best 2 IMO) in exchange for a copy of the last Cradle of Filth and I don't know, something else cool that I don't have. You should test the waters before buying anything.
Drop me an e-mail, I have a better idea.

Zod

GrumpyDwarf said:
Bracket 1
Iron Maiden
Emperor

Bracket 2
Primordial
The Lord Weird Slough Feg

Bracket 3
Amorphis
Enslaved

Bracket 4
Death
Bathory

:cool:
Oh you're asking for it. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Knowing Zod's tastes, do NOT start him off with Blood Fire Death or Twilight of the Gods!! He won't appreciate the thrash or vocals respectively. Just go with Hammerheart, or make a compilation.
Good call. "Blood Fire Death" (a title which my wife couldn't stop giggling about), is the one I have, that I can't seem to into.

JayKeeley said:
With that said, he voted for My Dying Bride over Slough Feg's beer & metal approach, and he hates doom. Go figure.
I dislike Doom for two reasons. First, the pace. Too slow. I like to bang my head, and I'm incapable of moving that slowly without putting undo strain on my neck muscles. Two, the singers usually suck. I dig the dude from MDB. I haven't heard a lot by them, but I just love "The Wreckage of My Flesh". It was that song alone that gave them the nod over Slough Feg. That being said, same time next year, that nod may go the other way.

Zod

Status
Not open for further replies.