Rush

BlackwaterNymph said:
I like to take shots every time she refers to her audience as "guys" or "you guys". I'm hammered before the first commercial break. And the E-V-O-O shit needs to stop, we fucking know what it is and you spend triple the time trying to shorten it, then finish it up with "that's extra virgin olive oil!". Christ.

I like the 40 dollars a day show, but she tips like 80 cents a meal. I'd spit in her food. Then watch as she groans and says its "yum-o!"
I noticed that too. At first, I thought maybe she did that so she wouldn't have to say it again, but then she says "E-V-O-O", that's extra virgin olive oil" every single god damned time! E-V-O-O=4 syllables. Extra virgin olive oil=7. 3 more syllables isn't going to make the difference, especially when she rambles on and on and on and on and on and on. She also moves her arms all over the place. Maybe that's how she lost weight.
I'd like to gag her.

I also find it funny how she has so much trouble finding places to eat. I saw one episode when she was in NYC and she was asking around where to eat. Within a five minute walk from me, I could find 10 places to get a really good and healthy breakfast for like 3 bucks. She goes all over the place, gets mediocre stuff, pays 10 and is very happy with that. Nothing wrong with spending more, but if she's trying to manage money, that's not how to do it.

Metal head87 said:
I noticed that too. At first, I thought maybe she did that so she wouldn't have to say it again, but then she says "E-V-O-O", that's extra virgin olive oil" every single god damned time! E-V-O-O=4 syllables. Extra virgin olive oil=7. 3 more syllables isn't going to make the difference, especially when she rambles on and on and on and on and on and on. She also moves her arms all over the place. Maybe that's how she lost weight.
I'd like to gag her.

I also find it funny how she has so much trouble finding places to eat. I saw one episode when she was in NYC and she was asking around where to eat. Within a five minute walk from me, I could find 10 places to get a really good and healthy breakfast for like 3 bucks. She goes all over the place, gets mediocre stuff, pays 10 and is very happy with that. Nothing wrong with spending more, but if she's trying to manage money, that's not how to do it.

Yeah, that's retarded. "Ask the locals where to eat!". Its always "the locals" like they're some kind of secret cult or zoo exhibit. I could easily spend 40 dollars a day if I tipped 96 cents and just happened to visit a bakery on free coffee and donuts day, or stuffed myself at a wine and cheese tasting. Or the bullshit line of "you know I'm really thirsty, can I just have a super big glass of water?".

rush.jpg

BlackwaterNymph said:
Yeah, that's retarded. "Ask the locals where to eat!". Its always "the locals" like they're some kind of secret cult or zoo exhibit. I could easily spend 40 dollars a day if I tipped 96 cents and just happened to visit a bakery on free coffee and donuts day, or stuffed myself at a wine and cheese tasting. Or the bullshit line of "you know I'm really thirsty, can I just have a super big glass of water?".
She also gets an orgasm after she takes a bite of something that tastes good. She's like mmmmmmmm, ohhhhhh, yeeeaaah, I wish you could taste this.

Calamitas1786 said:
How about some Saltines? Oh! Peanut butter perhaps?
Penut butter is alright, not too into saltines for sexual stuff though.

Metal head87 said:
She also gets an orgasm after she takes a bite of something that tastes good. She's like mmmmmmmm, ohhhhhh, yeeeaaah, I wish you could taste this.

Penut butter is alright, not too into saltines for sexual stuff though.

E_Carpet_Rachael_136.jpg

"Peanut Butter? In MY vagina?!"

Calamitas1786 said:
Saltines are just in case things get a little TOO wet.
If it's her place, then fine. If it's my place, I'm not going to clean up a bunch of saltines. I'll use paper towels if it gets wet.

I saw them live in 2004, it's the most complete concert i have ever seen. Just perfect, from beginning till the end.
This thread made me put on Counterparts.

OK, back to topic, Rush rules...

Ask most any band they will agree, they stood in awe watching Alex, Geddy and Neil. I know I did, 1982 (that was the best out of the 16 times I have seen them), watching the Subdivisions tour.

Geddy playing one hand one synth, one hand on bass, both feet on floor synth's AND singing. That my friend's was the single best performance of any musician I have EVER seen in my life. I was front row, about 6 feet from him, totally straight (no beers, weed, etc.) and almost shit my pants watching him. I was young, but still knew, I had to play music. That show, honest to god, changed my life...

Say what you will about Alex, Steve and Jeff BOTH are influenced.....:headbang:

How could someone not be influenced by Rush? The band has been around for ages, they have legions of fans all over the world, yet they never sold out or compromised their artistic integrity for record sales.
Amazing musicians who deserve respect to say the least.

Metal head87 said:
How could someone not be influenced by Rush? The band has been around for ages, they have legions of fans all over the world, yet they never sold out or compromised their artistic integrity for record sales.
Amazing musicians who deserve respect to say the least.

The really cool thing, as old as they are, they are still jamming on tours. I could only wish, at 45-50yo, I am jamming, and still don't have to work.. Just write some of the best songs ever written... OMFG. :worship: :worship: :worship: