Russ' previous employer

Rose Immortal said:
I dunno...maybe I was unusual for getting so excited about historical stuff at that age?

But anyway, our visit was part of a big school field trip. You must not have been there for THAT, or you would've noticed over 100 kids in the audience all in one section. ;)

My Boyfriend worked with Russ briefly while at MT as well

russblue.jpg

RussYellow.jpg

enjoy~
-manda

HAHA, those pics bring back so much memories. I remember watching the sword fights and getting all giddy when I saw the sparks from the swords clashing. I so want to go back :loco:

I thank you for the pics, too...cool enough as they are--even cooler knowing it's Russell Allen in them. He looks just as born to that role as he is to music. :)

(Plus, those pics take away all doubt that's the same Medieval Times I went to...I'd know that arena anywhere.)

Granskog said:
can someone please introduce me to this event?
what is it? mybe its just the language but i dont get it. :)

To our international Xer's who do not know what Medieval Times is:

It's a medieval-themed restaurant shaped like an arena and you eat really gross food (I think I had soup and chicken when I went) and watch a medieval-themed show with knights and horses and a princess and things along those lines. During one of their tours Russ went around wielding a sword and told everyone that he used to work at Medieval Times.

If anyone can add anything to my description, feel free.

There are 4 (i think) sections in the arena, each a different color. Wherever you sit you have to cheer for the respective Knight. When I went I was in the blue section but sadly our Knight was slain by the green Knight.

Hey, I might have missed it if this question was answered earlier, but does anybody know what years this would've been when Russ was working for MT?

I think Kris (my bf) said Russ was out of the Knighting gig when he was working there as a squire which was 2 years ago this past December..
-manda

Well, what I'm wondering about would be sometime around 1994-1996. At some point during those years--probably 1995, but I'm not sure, I went to MT, and I think it would be really funny if he was there at the time.

The irony is, even if someone had told me he was going to be in a band, I wouldn't have had any idea back then I'd be a metalhead! ;)

Beelzebub said:
To our international Xer's who do not know what Medieval Times is:

It's a medieval-themed restaurant shaped like an arena and you eat really gross food (I think I had soup and chicken when I went) and watch a medieval-themed show with knights and horses and a princess and things along those lines. During one of their tours Russ went around wielding a sword and told everyone that he used to work at Medieval Times.

If anyone can add anything to my description, feel free.

wow, thats cool. ive never heard of anything such here.

I went to the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur in Vegas, I think it's the same idea. But I was not impressed. It was too much for kids I think. And yes, the food was not good, and I was only allowed 2 beers!!!!!!!!! :mad:
What kind of Medieval place puts that limit on alcohol?!

One that doesn't want you so drunk you think you can get down there in the arena with a bunch of guys with swords and battleaxes.

My theory, anyway. ;)

mandaX said:
My Boyfriend worked with Russ briefly while at MT as well

Yep my ex did as well, I'm still waiting for the pics to be scanned so I can have a copy. And umm... well... Russell Allen is not his full name :) I thought my ex was joking when he told me this, like it was just a nickname or something, but his full name is Russell Allen Boop. Sir Russ still rocks nevertheless :worship:

Positive on two fronts.

1 - my ex has no sense of humor

and 2 - if you look in the liner notes for some albums including Odyssey... russ thanks "the Boop family" at the top of the list right after Mom n Dad... it's his family :)

If my last name was Boop I'd abandon it professionally, so I can understand it.

I didn't even know that was a real name in the first place.

And absolutely no offense meant to him, but I imagine I would've gotten SICK of the jokes and comments because of that name. I KNOW what it's like to go through middle school in New Jersey...it's a living hell enough as it is, and I hate to think about what remarks kids made to him.

(No offense to NJ'ers out there...there WERE a few good people and teachers in the Jersey school system, but they seemed awfully rare where I was.)