Russell Allen´s Atomic Soul INFO !!!

Jax said:
What's the cover got to do with the quality of the music on the cd? Never did understand why people insist on linking the two..
Thank You. Buy the CD because you like the music and artist! Good thing the Beatles White Album isn't around today! :Smug:

mistymountaingrlrocks said:
Thank You. Buy the CD because you like the music and artist!

Exactly. A cover may catch your eye and make you curious as to what lies inside, but you shouldn't judge the quality of the music by the cover of the album/cd; that's as shallow as judging someone for how they look.

Oh wait, that happens all the time..now it all makes sense. :bah:

Good thing the Beatles White Album isn't around today! :Smug:

No kidding!!

Well, I don't judge a CD by its cover, but for some odd reason I always have a "cover feeling" when listening to that CD. Somehow a cover forms my way of listening to a CD. Very hard to explain. Imagine a pink Opeth CD. At least for me it would give the whole thing a different feeling.
Sometimes I don't touch CDs with a bad cover I own not for a long time, although I know the CD is good, but something prevents me from putting it into my CD player. :yow: Very weired. I don't expect anyone to understand it :)

weenur said:
Rest his soul. One of my favorite singers.

I recall reading that Russ sang a song at the Ray Gillen benefit concert. Is that true? I would love to hear that performance.
My brother and his wife were at that show. It was in NYC many moons ago. Russ was with another band (forget the name). I heard Russ was friendly with Ray. Never heard of anyone having that on a recording. That is all I know :wave:

:yow:
My brother and his wife were at that show. It was in NYC many moons ago. Russ was with another band (forget the name). I heard Russ was friendly with Ray. Never heard of anyone having that on a recording. That is all I know :wave:

I suspected that there weren't any recordings of the evening. Too bad. Ray was an awesome talent, and he had another awesome talent singing his work that evening. Thanks for the info. :worship:

Hey... YES, a cover of an album it is a very important part of the attraction process of buying a disc. In many CD stores, you're unable to listen to a CD before you buy it, so sometimes I guide myself by the good artwork. If the artwork is poor, I don't feel myself attracted by that CD, even if the band is good, I can't judge them if I can't listen. I won't buy a CD just to listen it at home and come to the conclusion that the CD sucks a lot! In the case of Twilight in Olympus, lucky me that I've listened it before I've seen the cover, or else I'd never have bought it!

Most people who buy this disc will be SX fans or Russell Allen fans, I don't think the cover is a big deal at all.
Having said that, I think the cover is actually pretty cool. There are some pretty bad covers for solo albums out there. Think of Marty Friedman's True Obsession.
Of course, the ladies would probably like it if Russ did something similar. :D

Can't wait to hear this!

Russ--If you have FYE stores in your area, you can listen to samples from pretty much any CD they have there. The only thing is, they overcharge, so I'd actually BUY the CD somewhere else if at all possible.

Jax said:
Romeo did a lot on the cd, & I do believe Pinnella contributed, but I could be wrong on that one..US release date is April 26th, btw.

Kickass, the day before my b-day!

Did this release get mentioned on TEoF? If it did, I wonder how I missed it...

J-Dubya

Me too! And a solo album with NO SPACE STUFF :yell: RULES :headbang:NYC can't wait!! :worship:

I think all of us new yorkers should go to Virgin Megastore in Times Square and camp out that night. Instead of wearing robes and carrying lightsabers we should wear SX t's and paint our faces like those on V's cover. I am up for it :loco:

soundgarden said:
I think all of us new yorkers should go to Virgin Megastore in Times Square and camp out that night. Instead of wearing robes and carrying lightsabers we should wear SX t's and paint our faces like those on V's cover. I am up for it :loco:
Because we ROCK :headbang: in NYC! Sounds like a plan :D

Looks like it's just me and you misty. Ill go as the black and red person and you go as the white and blue.

@Beelzebub. You are just jealous you can't be as cool as us :headbang:

I never pay attention to the cover unless is something very conceptual and it has anything to do with the Music itself (for Example Ayeron Human equation)... but yeah... Music is what it matters ;) btw Looking forward aswell to Allen's CD :D