say something about ... yourself!

Japanese is definitly the easiest of Asian languages. I was lucky to have a teacher. The thing is...like...once you understand the alphabet and how words are constructed, it gets really easy.

Think of Japanese like a guitar, not a bass. It starts off hard, and get's easier. Once you understand the basic mechanics and chord shapes, teaching yourself the rest isn't so hard.

The culture shock is so immense, though, that very few Westerners can handle it for longer than a few month visit. I've been - couldn't live there. I only have one friend who's been there 7 years, but he's an exception.

Agreed. It's gorgeous and the culture is fascinating but you definitely must be a rigid and disciplined person to live there, at least happily.

It seems a bit easier to live in Okinawa for Americans. I saw several ex-Marines who decided to stay there and open dive shops...in fact, that's where I got my scuba certification.

Korea is pretty blech. Seoul is a beautiful and modern city but it's like living in an American city full of Koreans. It has all the major food chains and stuff, but the coolest thing was all the electronic and tech gear was dirt cheap. Korean culture is extremely off-putting, however. Belching and farting in public are normal and there is zero personal space. People don't consider you to exist unless you've been introduced, so they'll literally run right over you.

Okinawa was awesome, it was a 24 hour trip and we were all dead tired and as soon a we stepped off the plane a heat blast hit us and we all woke the fuck up :p I remember going to several of the bases (we stayed at Kadena but went to Naha and a few others) I was 7 when we wen't so i don't remember all that much, but I do remember going to Shuri castle and actually having to duck down in some parts of the castle....and i was 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct_thrash
These are not sexy so I post here. This was last week before using my tanning canopy, the condition that my arms had been in for at least the last two months:
15691_399395813997_743498997_5076025_1016093_n.jpg

And today, one week later. This pic's kind of blurry but you can tell it's better.
15691_399411883997_743498997_5076056_2736636_n.jpg

A little UV never hurt anyone :cool:

When I look close at this stuff I can see it's getting better. When it's active it's just red. When it's healing it takes on a sort of broken glass appearance, with white in it, and that's how it is today!

Week 3

24352_414852048997_743498997_5119535_4318792_n.jpg

24352_414852103997_743498997_5119536_1897424_n.jpg

Getting there, slowly but surely. I've started taking dead sea salt baths, as well.

Week 4. Victory is near, so very very near. I can smell it, and it smells like t-shirts and tank tops. I'd say I'll be good to go in another month, 2 months tops. I <3 the sun and it's wonderful powers :)

DSC00004.jpg

DSC000012.jpg

Is eczema a form of hives? I sometimes get them (hives) when I push myself really hard during exercise and I experience a drastic change in body temperature. I'm not sure if this is the same thing you have but I would like to know how to prevent this since other people apparently have similar problems. I drink lots of water, so it can't be from dehydration :confused:

This isn't eczema, it's psoriasis. But no, I think hives are different from eczema. Eczema is patches, of really dry, itchy, crusty skin. It can be triggered by allergies, like hives can, but I think the appearance of texture of hives is more in line with psoriasis. How long do your hives last?

This isn't eczema, it's psoriasis. But no, I think hives are different from eczema. Eczema is patches, of really dry, itchy, crusty skin. It can be triggered by allergies, like hives can, but I think the appearance of texture of hives is more in line with psoriasis. How long do your hives last?

They can last up to an hour if they are really bad. Usually though, I would say no longer than 30 minutes maybe. I am almost certain when I get them they are not from any allergic reaction, so I am really at a loss.

whole wheat pita bread, hummus, black forest turkey breast and Israeli pickles I found at Safeway = victory lunch

I love hummus! Victory lunch indeed!

A single outbreak of eczema and psoriasis can last weeks, months, even a year if not treated. So, much different in that aspect.

Maybe your hives are just caused by overexertion or like you said, temperature change. Like heat rash or something. Be glad it goes away!