say something about ... yourself!

Also, I'm not happy with my camera any more and I think I might actually sell it. I have zero inspiration and lugging that huge thing around with me now feels more like carrying a backpack full of rocks than a backpack full of a fun hobby. I sort of miss how easy my old lil point and shoot camera is to operate and get unique angles from and what-not. It's much easier to use in spur of the moment type settings. I dunno, we'll see. I don't want to sell it, but I genuinely have no motivation to use it anymore. I thought taking it to Colorado would help fix that, but it surely didn't. It was mostly just a burden to have to keep track of it the whole time I was there.

Perhaps it's a matter of inspiration... Especially since you've been doing a lot of camping and nature-related activities that you've grown bored of the subjects you shoot. Why not try doing a wedding or something? Or perhaps look for another inspiration?

The ease of a point and shoot is great, don't get me wrong. I always loved mine (Till I jogged a trail and it fell out of my pocket.) It a matter of quality and technical options.

I would suggest to any photographer to broaden your horizon and seek new inspiration before selling a great camera.

----

In other news, my Laptop still sits atop my to-do lists, and am currently borrowing my friends to get some work done. Shame that I hadn't backed up anything in about a week, and I had to re-do a lot of the work. Good thing I still leave my raw files on the camera as a backup, otherwise I woulda been out a big chunk of money. I've been advertising myself around the community, been shooting some professional photos for people... birthdays, I have a wedding coming up in October, etc.

Also getting my shoulder surgery sometime either at the end of the year or early next. Hopefully sooner than later, just trying to aim it for a time when it's not a busy restaurant season, or I may loose what ground I've gained in the past 6 months. Fuck that would be brutal.

Also going through a rough breakup right now, so this no computer stuff is actually keeping me busy with other things and my mind's anxiety isn't going crazy. No computer = less anxiety. Funny how that works. I had been getting addicted to the computer again anyway.

Good shit, Karen.

I'm jealous and I still have yet to quit. I've been smoking the green in the evenings lately and it makes me want to smoke cigarettes. Maybe I should stop....but blah. Need an alternative to drinking and it seems to be working considering that I hardly drink anymore.

On another note, as Tyler mentioned, I feel that I too need to find my inspiration/niche for a certain type of photography. Was thinking about getting a T-Adapter and a Telescope to do deep-space photography but I'm wondering if a 800mm lens or something would do the trick.

Thanks Krig babe!

...and Cat5Messiah- I still smoke the green stuff, although rarely. Last year I can count on one hand the number of times I smoked weed.
No particular reason, just wasn't around it.
As for quitting cigarettes: much like with any addiction out there, if the true notion is not really in your head you'd never quit.
The reason that can REALLY make you drop those cigarettes and never look back, is personal and changes from person to person.
I found mine, and the decision and sticking with it, is made easy because it is so strong.
I hope you'll find yours soon too!

:)

I um, have been strangely dreaming about Karen lately. Nothing erotic like that! (Not that she isn't super erotic) Maybe it's just because I read this board before I go to sleep. Congrats on 4 years, love. I hope one day I can stop, too. I'm just a weak minded individual.

In other news, the job is going fantastic. Every manager loves me, every coworker notes how damn hard I work, and every manager is telling me that I'll be moving up and going places. In a few months, I'll probably be a waiter. Then eventually, if I get my way, a bartender.

Also, hi Cara! I miss you, I hope I can visit Dallas in the coming months.