say something about ... yourself!

Just keep truckin. Shit happens. Sometimes all the time, sometimes hardly ever. Roll with the punches.

:)

Definitely, third times the charm. I'm fed up with this piece of junk. Once I get it running again, I'm seriously reserving half of the money I make for a cheap Honda, or something. I'm done trying to put money into it. And it's the same thing everytime, it gets home fine, and the next day won't start. At least this time the fan turns on, maybe it won't cost me so fucking much. Surely it's something electrical. I'm still $200 in debt from the last time I got it fixed and legalized, which was only a few weeks ago!

Carmax goes by blue book prices for cars, don't they? I wonder how much my 97 Saturn SL could fetch if I tried to sell it. It has 150,000 miles on it. :/

ehh i dunno about the cheap Honda thing, maybe you will have better luck than me but i bough a 97 Accord and it's fine now but had a lot of problems when i first got it.

friend has a 97 Civic that has issues as well, but his was in more dis-repair than mine. The old scottish lady that owned it before me had it for a few years and had it maintained properly and barely ever drove it, the only problem when i first got it was a few little tear's in the ceiling, which i would assume was from a cane :p

Derick's 99 Honda Civic is immortal. Granted, he got it in 2003, but even then the previous owner had driven it from Alaska to Maryland on top of everyday driving. Road trip after road trip after road trip, nothing's gone wrong with that car aside from cosmetic damage. It's maintained pretty well though.

Guys, I'm like having a panic attack I don't know what the fuck to do. I don't make enough money to rise above my situation. I rarely even waste money on weed. I gotta buy food and a little rent. It's hard doing it on your own. Being 20 is terrifying. I don't have much time left.

calm down man, it can be done! just gotta spend money on the essentials, maybe get more roomates? get more hours at work by offering to cover shifts, etc. you're doing good, keep working hard, keep your chin up and all that, it will be rewarded. you can do it!

Guys, I'm like having a panic attack I don't know what the fuck to do. I don't make enough money to rise above my situation. I rarely even waste money on weed. I gotta buy food and a little rent. It's hard doing it on your own. Being 20 is terrifying. I don't have much time left.

cheap food, search for sales, walk everywhere, protein powder in water for dinner (don't do this a lot or it gets really bad for your kidneys, only as a last measure), no paper towels, few showers, no laundry. it's really gross but you'd be surprised how much money you can save living like a bum (except don't plan on getting any ladies when you stink, look like your hair is greased with gel but is actually dirty and eat a horrific diet and little of it). i've had to do this a couple times when i was almost out of money but it gets the job done and motivates you to find another way to make money so you DON'T have to ever do it again haha (if you need to be presentable smell wise for work you can always go to your local big store and take a spray deoderant bath and spray it on some clothes so that they smell ok later; it makes you smell like you're a douche but better than smelling like an unwashed armpit)

Ramen noodles and Kool-aid are your friends. Keep working hard...soon you'll get a pay raise and it will all start to work itself out. It's not instantaneous but things will work out by themselves if you keep a positive attitude and keep doing such a good job at work.

Just keep truckin. Shit happens. Sometimes all the time, sometimes hardly ever. Roll with the punches.

:)

calm down man, it can be done! just gotta spend money on the essentials, maybe get more roomates? get more hours at work by offering to cover shifts, etc. you're doing good, keep working hard, keep your chin up and all that, it will be rewarded. you can do it!

^ Yes! Exactly!

John, we've all been in that situation before where we moved on our own for the first time and were poor, managing our lives without any cash or support, living off of 3-for-1 Pizza (yes, I did it when I first moved to Toronto on my own refusing any help from anyone I knew, it sucked!)
The thing is, You get over it and you adjust, and you do what you gotta do to surivive and manage. It's temporary.
If anything think about it as the biggest motivation to get by and do better and be bigger in life.
Being in your 20's sometimes suck, yes, but you are on the right path!
You have come so far already, keep going and be proud that your work respects you, and that you can move UP! (and John: you will!)

cheap food, search for sales, walk everywhere, protein powder in water for dinner (don't do this a lot or it gets really bad for your kidneys, only as a last measure), no paper towels, few showers, no laundry. it's really gross but you'd be surprised how much money you can save living like a bum (except don't plan on getting any ladies when you stink, look like your hair is greased with gel but is actually dirty and eat a horrific diet and little of it). i've had to do this a couple times when i was almost out of money but it gets the job done and motivates you to find another way to make money so you DON'T have to ever do it again haha (if you need to be presentable smell wise for work you can always go to your local big store and take a spray deoderant bath and spray it on some clothes so that they smell ok later; it makes you smell like you're a douche but better than smelling like an unwashed armpit)

^ wow dude :lol:
But hey, you do what you gotta do right?

My Mom's asking me what I want for my birthday. I don't really want anything for my birthday.

But, of course, that won't do. What should I ask for my birthday?

Oh hai there, fellow birthday companion :D Have your mom take you out to a nice lunch and offer to split the tab. My birthday is going to be fairly lame, so I wished anyone would have even offered. I purchased a few gifts for myself to capture the spirit, but I don't even expect to receive a card from family (it really is the thought that counts, so remind your mother that you appreciate her kindness).