say something about ... yourself!

It just started snowing! I've been running around catching the flakes on my tongue, haha

second fitness video, check it out! this time it's a quickly done overview of shoulder training since a lot of times people ask me about it and i've seen people do the form incorrectly sooo often (especially the lateral raise which if done wrong can really fuck up your posture).

it's a bit wordy and done in one take but hopefully it'll help someone somewhere and clear up a lot of the bullshit I see people posting on youtube. If you can like it or subscribe to my channel that'd be really appreciated!

In a couple days I'm going to do a mega intense one on core training too which is by far my most asked question (everyone wants ridiculous abs) so be sure to check it out! Also if you leave a comment or send me a message I'll get back to you with an answer

Last edited by a moderator:
my bunny just shat a perfect cross of poops on my carpet, aahahahaha!

We just added "saint" to his retardedly long name :)

My brain is set on the rest of myself being in St. Louis for Vincent Price's 100th birthday celebration... but a week before, on my birthday weekend. Roger Corman will be there kicking off festivities with a movie marathon.

Awesome Enemy, I'll be sure to keep watching these!

I've been training with a friend for the last month or so but I think excessive drinking (every fucking day) has been slowing down my progress.

almost 100% positive I'm going to quit my job tonight after the meeting, it's the end of the month and i'm about to sign a bunch of clients so I don't want to continue now and then quit soon after.

It feels like every time I go in it's a battle of how much I love working with my clients and my career yet hate the gym environment/politics/money obsessed nature. That plus communication where I feel like their expectations flip flop each month and I can never be right really is just stressing me out and making me loathe what I love.

I'm thinking I'm going to quit tonight and see if I can finish up the sessions with my remaining clients, and then offer independent training for those who were going to sign up with me (and if they don't want to sign up they don't have to but I'll leave the option open since I have another gym that I can use for free and is just as high quality).

I'm thinking independent training will be more my style since I do have a large client list that works with me in different places and loves my training, not the gym, so I can do that and I'm also going to try working for Crunch since their entire style seems far more to fit with me and they have much higher quality gyms and atmosphere. I feel trapped as well because I love continuing my education (NASM certified, Kinesiology student, mentor under an extremely successful and knowledgeable trainer, about to finish up my ACE certification, getting a TRX specialization this march) yet a lot of the other people around me stagnate and don't follow up and it seems like they just get a cert to work and then stop because they met the minimum and now care more about sales (not all of them but a sad number). Luckily there's no risk because I have other jobs already and I don't even need this income, I just do it for the love of it which is why continuing now would be stupid.

I dunno about where you live, but the rec center/gym I used to work at in Maryland had personal trainers employed by the city, and it was all very laid back, very positive environment. The trainers didn't really have any particular goals to meet except the ones they set for themselves and the clients. No big brother on top laying down the law, as the department of recreation didn't really care what went on in the gym as long as people used it. Just a suggestion to look into!