Say something bad about your favorite band

Hopkins-Witchfinder General said:
Yeah beast, their lyrics suck. Hehe ^_^
NO! *hugs Decapitated in extremely non-erotic manly hug*

BigFakeSmile said:
the newest haunted album is boring and blah. wheres the catchy?
WHU!?!?! it was the one that caught me...
D.O.A. especially. and GODPUPPEEEEEEEEEEET...anyway...

The Wall too theatrical?!?!?!?!

Oh and Pieless, wtf are you talking about Waters killed the prog??!?!?! OK yeah he brought a more "song" approach toward the end, but he had a huge hand in everything after Syd went nu...left...due to his EGO it couldn't be otherwise. fuck, he wrote most of Animals...

anyway..

I have no idea who my favorite band is at all

hmm I honestly have nothing bad to say about Opeth...and if there is possibly anything, I'm in denial, so....

I think Katatonia have some extremely silly lyrics. Still love them though :)

FangsFirst said:
Oh and Pieless, wtf are you talking about Waters killed the prog??!?!?! OK yeah he brought a more "song" approach toward the end, but he had a huge hand in everything after Syd went nu...left...due to his EGO it couldn't be otherwise. fuck, he wrote most of Animals...

anyway..

I have no idea who my favorite band is at all

I meant over a period of time he did. Maybe not totally, maybe I was being a bit harsher than I should of been(I'm probably gonna look like the idiot in this arguement, but meh). Meh, maybe he didn't kill the prog. But he did take over the entire band basically, and became more and more controling until they broke up. The Wall is mainly Waters, a good bit of it atleast, and The Final Cut is pretty damn close to being a solo album.

@Needled: Yes, the Roger Water's era(Which, IMO would be more like Animals-The Final Cut, but, Wish/Dark Side both are going in that direction *somewhat*)does rock, and all 3 of those CD's are great(I myself wouldn't consider Animals quite a masterpiece though, amazing album anyway). Hell, I even like The Final Cut, which seems to be hated by most people. Regardless if it was still good music, I still say that he was pretty responsible for their breakup. :ill:

Haha really? I've never liked Pigs as much as the other two main songs. Dogs, however, I consider tied with Echoes as 2nd best song(Sue me, Comfortably Numb is my favorite song). Yes, the lyrics do rule a lot. But, something about it I just don't like as much as the others. I perfer Meddle over it, ever so slightly, and I don't know why. Also, I don't consider it their best at all. :erk:

My Dying Bride- they deffinately lost something when Calvin left, still write some good songs but, with a few exceptions, they lack the weight of older material.

Anathema- much too mainstream-pop-rock for my taste on the last album, which was just horrid.

The Gathering- someone needs to slap the bass player, he seems to like playing a different chord from the rest of the band. And someone needs to remind Renee how to play power chords.

Candlemass- Messiah overdoes the vibrato on occassion.

Iron Maiden- Haven't toured NZ (or Australia) since Fear Of The Dark :mad:

Katatonia- Fred doesn't write enough songs.

Opeth- their music has become much too structured and predictable for my liking.

Mayhem- toured Australia and didn't come to NZ :mad:
And someone please break Hellhammer's triggers, they sound shitty.

Hehe, yeah, I can see that with Animals. I re-discovered it not long ago, and it almost boosted up some, but for some reason I just don't like it quite as much as the others.

I might as well complain about some of my other favorites here now:

The Who - Some of Tommy bugs me(Also, the order of the songs is really fucked up), and also, they should of stopped making music after Keith Moon died.

Rush - They are cheesey as fuck. Pretenious as hell. Geddy Lee's voice(Which I like, all forms usually) can be insanely cheesey at moments also.(Example, first song on Hemispheres, the part where it gets kind of spacey)

SentencedToBurn said:
let me wash you i have no ears....... for my lady

(WTF!)
Yeah dude, I dunno about those lyrics sometimes. I mean, they seem full of passion so..I just don't know. Hopefully on the next album there will be less of those moments, because just Byron is writing the lyrics. I think most of the "lame lyrics" were there because two people were writing the lyrics.

hmmm, I can't really think of a favorite band, but since everyone is talking about Pink Floyd...
The post-Waters stuff I've heard isn't too great (barring Learning to Fly, but that's good in a different sense that other PF stuff, IMO). ummm....
oh, The Beach Boys post-197... let's say 3 or so, aren't very good, and pre 1965-6 albums were pretty stuffed with filler (they were releasing like 3-4 albums, against their will, a year, though)
I think all that can be said about Metallica has been (oh, and I agree with someone up there that Lars annoys the shit out of me)
Kraftwerk: Pre-Electric Café > Post-Electric Café, by a long-shot
Devo sucked from 1982 on :(
umm... etc

Pain Of Salvation - I don't like when they add nu-metallish touches (i.e. Used)
Opeth - Damnation wasn't as proggy as I hoped it would be
Porcupine Tree - They should start adding more of the space-prog elements on the earlier albums
Katatonia - They can get repititive at times
Evergrey - The Dark Discovery has terrible production
King Crimson - They just released an album composed almost entirely of material previously released in one form or another (but a damned good one)

Opeth - I don't like some songs on Still Life and Deliverance that much, and Damnation is kinda boring and I just can't get into it.

Ulver - Nattens could be a little more interesting. Lyckantropen is extremely repetitive but it's kind of good like that. Eh, that's about it.

Agalloch - I can't really think of anything except they should have put out more material. only 2 full lengths and EP in 6 years. The guys are in other bands though, and they have made such elaborate, solid and long albums, that I guess it isnt really possible they couldv'e made more so far.

@Hearse - I agree with Deliverance...TOTALLY disagree with Damnation. If there isn't at least some heartfelt emotion to be felt from that album then you aren't listening hard enough. hehe.

Nevermore - Warrel drinks too much and works permanently on destroying of his voice. and lies unnecessarily about his age.:-/

Pieless said:
Although I love the Roger Water's controlled material of Pink Floyd, he did kill most of their prog feel, and was a total controlling bastard.
Also, they don't perform live anymore. And all the band members are still alive. And I will never see them live. This annoys the hell out of me. !:cry:

I concur. Animals is teh shit.

I keep hoping that they will write one more cd and tour one last time.

I did, however, see Roger Waters on his solo "In the Flesh" tour a few years back. All I can say is, "holy shit".