Favorite Epic songs?

I'd say Emerald sword destroys that in the epic department I literally want to hop on a horse grab a sword and fight a war when ever I hear it.
I also forgot to mention Only for the Weak by In Flames so simplistic yet awesome I don't know what is the most epic ever I'm sure i haven't even heard it

Yeah. That is a pretty epic song. And Emerald Sword makes me wish America had a noble king so I could slay some dragons and shit. But One Rode To Asa Bay makes me want to ride down to the shore and burn some churches. Which is something that I could theoretically do, as I'm relatively near the shore and there are some farms with horses within half an hour of here.

Also Episode 666 that song may be the most epic song for me just like the ultimate Melodic Death metal song for me
Your Gaulish War-Eluvietie is also note worthy IMO

I'm sorry, but I'm still contending for Turisas's To Holmgard and Beyond as one of the most epic songs ever. The chorus is simply majestic.

Haha yes, and Five Hundred and One as you mentioned before. Man, what a killer album: lots of epic!

Also, I feel ashamed I haven't listed more Iced Earth songs. They can really write some badass stuff.

Travel in Stygian / Im-ho-tep / Phantom Opera Ghost / Burnt Offerings / DANTE'S INFERNO!! --> LUCIFEEEERRRRR! ANGEL OF LIGHT!

Haha yes, and Five Hundred and One as you mentioned before. Man, what a killer album: lots of epic!

Also, I feel ashamed I haven't listed more Iced Earth songs. They can really write some badass stuff.

Travel in Stygian / Im-ho-tep / Phantom Opera Ghost / Burnt Offerings / DANTE'S INFERNO!! --> LUCIFEEEERRRRR! ANGEL OF LIGHT!
CAST BELOW GOD OF ICE
RULING HELL UNHOLY TRINITY
THE TRAITORS FREEZE FOR ALL ETERNITY
LUCIFER BETRAYER OF GOD
TORMENTOR RUTHLESS AND COLD
JUDAS SCREAMING HERE IN AGONY
THE TRAITORS FREEZE FOR ALL ETERNITY

Also Episode 666 that song may be the most epic song for me just like the ultimate Melodic Death metal song for me
Your Gaulish War-Eluvietie is also note worthy IMO
As is Of Fire, Wind, and Wisdom, Tegernako and Uis Elveti
Never really liked Episode 666, but Worlds Within The Margin and Jotun are amazing.
I'm sorry, but I'm still contending for Turisas's To Holmgard and Beyond as one of the most epic songs ever. The chorus is simply majestic.
Listening now...

Triumphant, nice pounding double bass, epic verse, kickass chorus. Damn good. But not the most epic, to me anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you liked it though. I know you're kind of hesitant towards Turisas (or were).

Also, Of Fire, Wind, and Wisdom is one of my favorite Eluveitie songs.

Turisas is good, but their over the top folkish bullshit pisses me off sometimes. Just make epic songs like H@B.