Favorite Epic songs??

This might sound a bit weird, but Death Delirium by Bloodbath sounds pretty epic to me. The guitar bit inbetween verses sounds huge.

I like that little song that the hobbit sings on the last movie when he is in Minas Tirith or whatever, I have that soundtrack and I listen to that song all the time, that song is pretty epic!

Actually no, I hate that song and he sounds like a queer and I barely ever listened to that song, but i couldn't stop laughing when first heard it.

There are so many movies with epic scores, but while we're just sticking to the LotR, the penultimate track of the first soundtrack, called The Breaking of the Fellowship, is pretty epic, and incredibly beautiful. I think it just encompasses everything good about the film into 6 minutes of music.

Anyway, NFU is probably my favourite "epic" song, but here's what I consider a quite obvious couple (to this forum) that haven't been mentioned as of yet:

PoS - The Perfect Element
Orphaned Land - The Storm Still Rages Inside

And no, I'm not ashamed that I like them.

Galneryus - Deep Affection

This is an epic song that is fast paced but lasts about 7 minutes, which contains some very good emotional guitar playing and great guitar riffs, solos, piano parts, and good singing. It also has some slower ballad parts to balance it out. This song has a great ending as well.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Ok metal_wrath, I finally did it. I took the time and effort to head over to MySpace, and check Galneryus out.

It was horrible, I would rather listen to Dragonforce :erk:

But if it does it for you then hey, that's great :)

yea, the band is one of the worst j-power bands ive ever heard. not that ive heard them all, and not that theres any i found to be good...but you get the idea. metal wrath's brain is obviously shaped very differently from the average man.

here's one that i dont think can be denied:

Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack - The Kiss/Promenade

pretty much as 'epic' as it gets folks