Scott Ian: "Belladonna is the singer of the band and will be always"

I think Scott's an emotional person. I believe he means it because it's how he feels right now. Same in the Bush era when he said "This is how the older songs should have sounded with Bush singing them". He meant that too, but it was how he felt at the time. Anthrax is going along well at the moment and I hope it stays that way. They will always have my support.

Scott is just praying...hard.
Hope it stays like that for a couple more years.

When Scott says that "the songs sounded like it was meant to be" for TGOTE, he was surely pulling his own leg.

Scott is just praying...hard.
Hope it stays like that for a couple more years.

When Scott says that "the songs sounded like it was meant to be" for TGOTE, he was surely pulling his own leg.

Not really, it's how he felt at the time. He's human, and let's face , haven't well all done and said things we felt was right at the time?

Not really, it's how he felt at the time. He's human, and let's face , haven't well all done and said things we felt was right at the time?

Yes, but I try to reflect a lot around what I'm saying when I'm at work in order to avoid such things happening. And I dont' find it too difficult to maintain a professional tone.

Scott's a human being, sure. But Anthrax is his job, his business.
I don't mean to be rude, but his comments concerning TGOTE were not particularly clever.

Of course Scott would say those things about TGOTE.... how else could you justify taking the time and money to record such a thing? He just looks dumb for it ever since the reunion and especially now the Joey is back permanent. But most bands who put out re-recorded albums say that "this is how the songs were meant to sound."

Every band does that. What else would they say, "these new versions are not as good as the originals, but buy them anyway!".

How about saying something like...

"We just decided to re-record these songs for fun and they turned out pretty cool."

That might be easier to sell than "This is how it should have been." or "Way better than the original."

"We just decided to re-record these songs for fun and they turned out pretty cool."

That might be easier to sell than "This is how it should have been." or "Way better than the original."

Agreed. That's better marketing as opposed to "half of our albums do not sound as good as they should".

I'd have to agree with that.

excellent point;)