Scott shares my opinions on guns...

Fucking hell this thread is heavy! I have the pleasure of living in a country without a (serious) gun problem. Unfortunatly through my life experiences i have witnessed the worst that Scotland maybe Britain has seen.
On the 13th of March 1996 i was working with my mother (4 the bbc) in Stirling, near Glasgow at a special needs school helped by a BBC charity. She got a message saying that some maniac had went mental with a handgun in a primary school. At the time my mother was a reporter so we had to make the short journey to the village of Dunblane. We were not expecting to see what we saw. 17 kids (some no more than toddlers) died that day because some asshole had access to guns.
Thomas Hamilton was an approved fire arms holder...

so yeah it's fucking brilliant that fucking meatheads with less brain cells than toes can open an account in a bank and get a gun.
USA U PATH THE WAY.:)

Jockthrax said:
Fucking hell this thread is heavy! I have the pleasure of living in a country without a (serious) gun problem. Unfortunatly through my life experiences i have witnessed the worst that Scotland maybe Britain has seen.
On the 13th of March 1996 i was working with my mother (4 the bbc) in Stirling, near Glasgow at a special needs school helped by a BBC charity. She got a message saying that some maniac had went mental with a handgun in a primary school. At the time my mother was a reporter so we had to make the short journey to the village of Dunblane. We were not expecting to see what we saw. 17 kids (some no more than toddlers) died that day because some asshole had access to guns.

so yeah it's fucking brilliant that fucking meatheads with less brain cells than toes can open an account in a bank and get a gun.
Nice Avatar dude....

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
Fuck canada. Canadadians are fliddlly fags who can go home to their mothers and shove mailboxes inside of them and listen to their noises for entertainment. Canada sucks balls!!!
You're just jealous because we can drink real beer. Ha! And as for the mailbox reference, you're way off - we don't have those - bears, sasquatches and beavers are our mailmen....

Oh and, btw, my balls can't be sucked on 'cuz they're hu-iddily-diddily-mongous.

Jockthrax said:

Jock, I remember hearing about that during the lunch-break at school so we went to a TV-store and saw the news, did they ever found out why he snapped? And do you remember that crazy fuck in Tasmania who gunned down a fair number of people in -96 also?

Hi,

i don't normally post on message boards... but reading this thread i was just wondering how all the 'guns make the united states a save place' people would explain something like this:

Firearms Death Rate (per 100,000) for Young Males in Selected Countries - 1993
FOR112.gif

or this:

Firearms Deaths by Mode of Death for Children <15 Years of Age
Top 10 Countries - Rate per 100,000
FOR114.gif

Ok the images don't show well on a black background... see http://medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/GUNS/GUNSTAT.html
for original...

^^^^

Nice. In essence you just proved that gun deaths will be higher in countries that allow citizens to own them. Stephen hawing would be proud. :rolleyes:

Hey everybody, I bet I can find a graph that shows deaths caused by automobiles are higher in countries that have an abundance of them as opposed to those that don't.

Now then, how do you explain the increased violent crime rates in the countries that HAVE banned guns? Go back and read my first post in this thread.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
^^^^

Nice. In essence you just proved that gun deaths will be higher in countries that allow citizens to own them. Stephen hawking would be proud. :rolleyes:

i haven't proven anything i have merely presented emperical facts (at least according to the website where i got the graphs from).

But if you agree with me that gun deaths in countries that allows citizens to own them are higher (a lot higher), don't you think it would be a good idea to not allow citizens to own guns?

ijzer said:
i haven't proven anything i have merely presented emperical facts (at least according to the website where i got the graphs from).

But if you agree with me that gun deaths in countries that allows citizens to own them are higher (a lot higher), don't you think it would be a good idea to not allow citizens to own guns?
No.

Answer me this:
Why is MY RIGHT to own a gun in any way affected by what someone else chooses to do with his or her own gun?

TD said:
as opposed to listening to some white trash looking guy with birth control glasses and way too many prison tattoos.

None of my tattoos are prison tattoos.

Mr. Moore is a propaganda artist that would make Hilter proud. If sober people where allowwed to have their CCWs in places that serve alchohal Dime would likely still be dead but the total body count would be less.

Canada does not share the same history America has so of course there will be a difference in the types and severity of crime. Canadian citisens are more tightly bound to the national tit than we are, again a difference in crime stats. Canadas health care womb to grave system is going to bleed Canadians to death. I cant comment on their government controlled mass media (TV, radio, or newspapers). Canada has a lowwer population than The USA so less crime is a given. http://bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingforcolubine/scenes/canada.htm

Once the US government institutes the types of controll over its citizens like Canada and European nations have done then uniform gun controll has a chance here. I like knowing I have a decent chance of defending my property than most, I like knowing myself and my neighbors have a better chance than most to defend or strike back against threats against our rights. I like knowwing I can carry concealed, WITH EXCEPTIONS, anywhere in the state I live without a permit. I like knowwing the propper training is there for me to lessen the chances of the wrong person being shot if I ever had to use a firearm to protect me, mine and my friends.

Owning firearms does not lessen the chances of my or mine become victems it may just even things up a bit though.

If you use a firearm OTHER than to save or in the defence of your or anothers life you are a pussy.

Once all the Christmas stuff is done with I get my Glock for my CCW.

Many objects can kill they all require a human behind them to do so, dont blame the object.
gangof4-2.jpg

None of these have the chance of protecting me or mine unles I am aware of the threat and have a chance of repelling it.

Instead of spending time and money on firearms, maybe you should invest in an English course - writing and grammar... "Knowwing???" "Victems???" "alchohal???"...

For your information, the "womb to grave" system is not bleeding anyone to death. It's actually offering an equal opportunity for all CITIZENS to receive proper healthcare - and so what if we have to pay a little tax for it? I like knowing that there's a safety net if ever - god forbid - I should fall sick and die 'cause of lack of funds, which I believe is what would happen in the US of A.

"Something to think about"
Doctors:
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is about 700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

> Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.
Now think about this:
Guns:

> (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is about 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups,is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

> Statistics courtesy of FBI
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

> FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

> Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
>
> We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

> Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on
> lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical
> attention.

jdelpi said:
No.

Answer me this:
Why is MY RIGHT to own a gun in any way affected by what someone else chooses to do with his or her own gun?

why? because it saves lifes? is that a stupid reason?

ijzer said:
why? because it saves lifes? is that a stupid reason?
Yes.

1. MY RIGHTS are not contingent on what other people choose to do.
2. I am not a utilitarian.
3. Enforcing a gun control law against other gun owners and me necessitates the use of violence. What no one here has bothered to answer despite me repeatedly asking is WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT JUSTIFIED IN USING VIOLENCE AGAINST ME TO ENFORCE GUN CONTROL? Furthermore, what do you think my government should do to me if I try to own a gun when the government has decided it doesn't want me to? Everything government does is backed with force and lots of guns.
4. The mere fact that you advocate violence against non-violent people who choose to own guns negates your supposed desire to reduce violence.
5. (my least important point) You've failed to acknowledge any defensive use of guns.

vomit said:
"Something to think about"
Doctors:
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is about 700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

> Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.
Now think about this:
Guns:

> (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is about 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups,is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

> Statistics courtesy of FBI
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

> FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

> Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
>
> We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

> Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on
> lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical
> attention.
Don't forget, we also need to ban smoking, bath tubs, swimming pools, playgrounds, cars, planes, knives, fatty foods and just about everything else that might cause a death. :yuk:

jdelpi said:
Don't forget, we also need to ban smoking, bath tubs, swimming pools, playgrounds, cars, planes, knives, fatty foods and just about everything else that might cause a death. :yuk:
Ban fatty foods, damn there goes my diet.

how pathetic all your excuses are,the day i need a gun to walk down the street or to have a gun by my bedside is the day i will give the game away,what a negative way to some of u people live!!!