seeking prog rock advice from the proggers among us

Black Winter Day said:
There went my ordering of your new CD! :tickled:

Hey, at least the guy that works with me (like when recording Tuoni) from time to time, has about every album Genesis has released. :D

Damn, Anekdoten is playing toning about 1 kilometer from my home. Maybe I'll go check them out live.

Picked up Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink for $5 at a used CD store. WTF is this? This is some seriously cheesy music. I couldn't make it through the whole CD before I pulled it out and listened to some Thought Industry. I could've forgiven the cheese if the music were more complex, but it wasn't.

Oh well, it was only $5 :)

jimbobhickville said:
Picked up Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink for $5 at a used CD store. WTF is this? This is some seriously cheesy music. I couldn't make it through the whole CD before I pulled it out and listened to some Thought Industry. I could've forgiven the cheese if the music were more complex, but it wasn't.

Oh well, it was only $5 :)

It's always a good decision to listen to Thought Industry. "Short Wave On A Cold Day" never leaves my player.

BUMP

Once you get into progressive rock... it devours your soul.

I fucking love Van der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, Rush, Pink Floyd and Necronomicon for the classics.

For new stuff, Anekdoten, Anglagard, Wobbler, Beardfish, Discipline, and Il Bacio Della Medusa. What am I missing?

I plan on checking out Magma, Premiata Forneria Macaroni, Karmakanic, and Echolyn (heard one album but I didn't really like it that much).

I love this shit like King Crimson, Yes, Wobber, Anglagard, Anekdoten, and VdGG... Where should I go from here.

I thought Nektar fucking sucked when I heard them 4-5 years ago ,but a lot has changed since then!

have you guys heard of some band called King Crimson?