seeking prog rock advice from the proggers among us

I'd also recommend you listen to Marillion's Clutching at Straws, the last of the Fish albums.

Never enjoyed the Hogarth era much, but I found their recent album, Marbles, to be a quality album, but still not that great compared to classic stuff from them.

edit: was just googling around and noticed they released another album since Marbles, I hadn't heard anything about that. But judging by some quick review reading, it's probably for the best I go back to ignoring modern Marillion.

Gayer comments HAVE been made, I suppose, but one would have to use the search feature.

liking one neo-prog album is one too many
emot-argh.gif

I don't really lump the classics in with NEO-PROG no matter what those progjerkies say. Newer ones, definitely.

More like a Genesis tribute band!

Dude....Marillion is amazing. I'm really kinda confused as to why you hate them Ken. I really wouldn't lump them in with most of the "neo-prog" bands I'm familiar with.

Hell no...that's Symphonic Prog.

I took the effort to log in from work just to make a boring joke about silly genre battles (Something along the lines of epic symphonic dragonwar battle indian prog post-rock) but I couldn't think of anything particularily funny so instead I types this boring explanation for some reason.