seen any good movies lately?

Dragongrrrl

Mistress Sassmuffin
Feb 11, 2002
Tampa, FL
Visit site
I noticed that there hasn't been much talk of movies lately, so I will just start by saying Shawn of the Dead is a kickass movie. I absolutely loved it. Total camp, great characters and some pretty good gore in there as well. Definitely will get this on dvd when it comes out. This should have gotten way more publicity.
That said, I am now VERY eagerly awaiting Saw...

Alicia

Yeah I'm in the same boat on SAW. I finally got to see Spiderman 2, cause it was the movie on the plane when I was heading to Colorado.

Shaun of the Dead will be out on DVD on Dec. 2st. The Dawn of the Dead remake will be out on Tuesday. And the Grudge apparently kicks ass too.

I saw Team America last week and just got back from seeing Shark Tale today. They're both worth a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon, but nothing you Gotta Go See Right This Second.

NickDivision said:
I've heard two reviews of The Grudge...I definitely need to go peep it out.
Same here - think I'm gonna try and catch it sometime this weekend. I'm definitely seeing Saw on Friday though...who needs sleep anyway! :loco:

Wow...small world...I just finished watching Shawn of the Dead not 30 minutes ago...definietely worth the time..a few days ago i watched Ghost in the Shell 2 and must admit it was almost as everybit as good as the first one.

-Cal

I meant to go see it on Sunday, but the only showing at the theater I usually go to was at 7:30pm and I had other plans, and the other theater nearby has rats. I'll check again next Sunday...

Saw is definitely a must-see...makes you think even after you leave the theater. Sick and wrong but definitely one of my new favorites! I'm almost inspired to start writing again...

Alicia

Yeah, I'm up for seeing it again.

I had a movie day when the better half was out of town. Watched Mary Reily, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, The Thing and the Dawn of the Dead remake. That was a good day.

The recently re-visited movies include the Man with Two Brains and Underworld. For some reason I've actually gone and watched the things I own instead of letting them grow dust.

Last week I watched House of Flying Daggers which I recommend. All-in-all not as good as Hero but still worth a watch. I am also going to watch in the nextt few days, Akira Kurosawa's Ran which is the telling of King Lear but set in feudal Japan. If you are a fan of Kurosawa and haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. To me it is as good as Seven Samurai if not better.

-Cal