Seriously... WTF?

That was beautiful, man! I was already well intended on buying this album but I tried a few more songs and it didn't shift my decision at all, just made me more excited for delivery day. :D

It sounds like some are talking out both sides here.
Either download samples, decide to purchase...then be a fan and a supporter of a band.

Or just download the whole thing and call yourself a fan? Saying-to download the whole thing and then decide to purchase? Why...you'll already have it.

The internet has done wonders for metal bands and is a great way to explore bands, try thier music and then decide wether or not to purchase it, thats how the process should be. However, just downloading a CD is not the way to recognize bands and then turn around and say-btw I'm a fan and support said band.

Sure these bands are fortunate to have the internet, various sites, word of mouth etc, but in the end they do need to make some money or they simply won't be around. Its anyone choice to get music the way they want to, but a true fan will use the advantages of the internet to an extent but in the end will purchase and support thier favorite bands.

Pfrt, give me a break guys. Just because someone downloads an album doesn't make them any less of a real or "tr00" fan
rolleyes.gif
Albums will always leak ahead of the release date and people will always download them. The only difference is that some people will buy the album if they like it and others won't. And people saying any downloaded music is theft should wake the fuck up and realize that the internet is the best thing that's happened for metal music in the past decade. Just think how much more difficult it would have been for smalltime metal bands to get known and build up a worldwide fanbase without the internet to spread their music. Many people these days just like to listen to an album before they spend their hard earned money on it. You can't know if an album will be worth the money by two incomplete songs. For all you know the rest of the album may be utter crap. Hell, if it wasn't for the internet and "illegally" downoaded songs off Melancholy Beast I would probably not even know who the fuck Pyramaze are!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go download Immortal. And yes, I bought Melancholy Beast within a month of its release, and yes I've bought Bone Carver as well, and every other album that I like and find worth the money. So shut your pieholes.

Nonsense. You have the samples. That's more than enough to tide you over until the release. Believe it or not, not everyone is so noble as to purchase an album when they can get it for free, even big fans.

You are supporting a system that, no matter what way you look at it, can ONLY hurt bands. The internet is excellent, allows people to spread information, trade sample songs the BANDS choose to release, and even whole albums if THE BAND releases it. Assholes leaking promos so leeches can get their hands on them is not excellent. Yes, albums will leek, people will download them. But supporting it AT ALL is fucked.

Nonsense. You have the samples. That's more than enough to tide you over until the release. Believe it or not, not everyone is so noble as to purchase an album when they can get it for free, even big fans.

You are supporting a system that, no matter what way you look at it, can ONLY hurt bands. The internet is excellent, allows people to spread information, trade sample songs the BANDS choose to release, and even whole albums if THE BAND releases it. Assholes leaking promos so leeches can get their hands on them is not excellent. Yes, albums will leek, people will download them. But supporting it AT ALL is fucked.

THANK YOU! I thought i was the only one. So fucking true, not everyone is loyal like you Kor (Unfortunately). Therefore those people who do DL the album wont buy it and in their mind's figure hey I got it and its great knowing their not supporting the band what so ever.

Yes, albums will leek, people will download them. But supporting it AT ALL is fucked.
That's simply your opinion, and I don't subscribe to it. I download pretty much every album before I buy, yet I consider myself a VERY passionate fan of many bands, of whom I support very much by purchasing their CDs, DVDs, concert tickets, shirts, posters, etc.

lolcats :D

That's simply your opinion, and I don't subscribe to it. I download pretty much every album before I buy, yet I consider myself a VERY passionate fan of many bands, of whom I support very much by purchasing their CDs, DVDs, concert tickets, shirts, posters, etc.

lolcats :D

i downloaded both pyramaze albums before i bought them, i am yet to take them out of there rapping :loco: . I downloaded immortal and i love it. I will be, just like everyone else here, pre ordering the album. the thing that the people saying downloading music is doing damage have to prove is that people who would have bought the album didn't buy it beause it could be downloaded. I think this will be hard to prove.

If people who were never going to buy the album download it well you have just gained greater exposure and who knows they might go to a gig or something.

Therefore those people who do DL the album wont buy it and in their mind's figure hey I got it and its great knowing their not supporting the band what so ever.
Those people would probably never have bought the album anyway, so how does that hurt the band? It's like itsmydamnation said; that's just more exposure.

Ditto. I love metal more than anything, and if I had the money I'd probably spend hundreds of $$ a month on cd's. But I rarely buy an album without having listened to it a number of times first. And in order to do that, I download it. There's just too much crappy music (IMO) coming out these days that I don't risk paying for an album that will sit collecting dust on my shelf. I used to, but got very disappointed one time by an album of my favorite band at the time that I had been looking forward to for months. And no, 2 samples isn't nearly enough to properly judge if an album is worth the money.

I don't download at all, to me it's enough that they have two excellent releases out and i'll BUY the 3rd one anyway. I make my decisons either on samples or songs out on myspace sites. Works fine for me.

Hah hah... well its not like I expected the debate to go anywhere, as this has, and always will be a stalemate kind of argument. It's good that YOU guys will buy the album anyway. It just sucks that the system is in place at all to me, as many, if not most people who download do so exclusively.