Setlist from the new tour

MasqueReaper

Paradise Lost...OH SHIT!!
Apr 25, 2004
Roslyn, NY
I was on the gate last night at BB Kings right in front of Mike Leopond. They rocked my face and balls off. The crowd was packed to capacity, and there were no openers, sweeeet.

Here is their sick sick setlist:

Sins and Shadows
Domination
Inferno
Evolution
Communion
Smoke and Mirrors (which they restarted after Romeo wasn't ready, lol)
Set the World on Fire
Serpents Kiss
King of Terrors
Sea of Lies

The Odyssey (holy shit)

I talked to every single member after the show. It was hilarious to see all the fans swarming Russ on the streets of Times Square, and passers by asking wh0o the hell is this guy? They are so souped to get back on the road. Pinella did not sound to thrilled that the whole crowd knew all the lyrics to the new songs, and he was happy when I told him I hadn't listened to it yet. I begged Rullo and Leopond to get them to play Church of the Machine when they come back next time, ha! Romeo was so cool, signed everything and took hundreds of pics. It was such a treat to hear new unreleased Syx music for the first time LIVE! They were so happy to perform to their home crowd (and just imagine what Starland will be like in their true Jersey home). As Russ yelled during the show "We are Symphony X and WE ARE BACK!!"

If you saw them last night, leave a post about how you felt afterwards.
And if you are going to see them in the next few months, talk about how fuckin excited you are.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 4

ok, i bought tickets a long time ago. i was soooo prepared for this concert. i got tickets for 3 of my friends too. we get in the car and start our trip from PA to NY. 2 hours later i hear "did you remember the tickets?"...... no, no i didn't. FUDGE!!!!!. i even stopped at a public library to try and print them out again. but they for some reason were no longer in my saved mail. i hate my life right now. especially after reading the setlist and seeing the odyssey on it. and hearing the fun you had meeting the friggin band!!! do you think i will get that same chance when i go to phila or jersey? i think they may be tired of hangin with the fans by then. oh how upsetting this is!!!! i also just read that they were at the megadeth/sabbath gig last saturday, hanging out. i was at the show, but i saw no sym x. i have some bad luck i guess.

very bad :( I feel quite sorry for you

but anyway they will probably not be tired hanging out with the fans...

darkblade, sorry to hear that...but at least you'll get to redeem yourself fairly soon :)

I'm so stoked they're playing The Odyssey...I've never seen them live and that's one epic I don't wanna miss. Less than 2 months to go :kickass:

Okay, this is the only time you'll EVER hear me be a bitch... but aren't these the same songs they played on the last four tours, plus 3 tracks off the new album?

I mean, yeah, I still wish I'd have been there. And I'll be going to at least one date on the tour.

I actually agree jeff... i was expecting a bit more of a "special" setlist for this show at least, but it makes sense that they'd want to "warm up" for tour with familliar material. Still, it'd be cool if they switched it up a bit.

I think special surprise songs aren't really the band's thing, Jax has said multiple times that Romeo is a perfectionist and wants to stick to the songs that they have well rehearsed and know they can nail perfectly. The new songs were great, I hadn't seen Communion and the Oracle in awhile, and Inferno never gets old live

I still really wanted to see Church of the Machine. (And The Walls Of Babylon, but I'm not allowed to say that 'cause we shouldn't know about that song yet.)

YES! I KNEW they'd play The Odyssey! I can't fackin' wait! July 18th :headbang:

That was the best song for me, everyone knew all the lyrics, and to hear such an epic song live was unbelievable. The best part of the song was the part about the cyclops "find food and water, but journey not into the cave of woe..." SO ROCK, OMFG.

Talking to them was amazing too, they really have no idea how insane they are, and how much impact they have on our lives. Haha, I love talking to Rullo about his work on the first album, he barely remembers anything from it until I sing them (like the outro fill to Thorns of Sorrow). I was talking to Leopond about his improvised part in Church of the Machine live (in the second verse, begged him to get hem to play it next time). It kinda pissed me off to see all the newbies, yelling out about Dragonforce, BLECHH. but at the same time, I am so souped for the band, they have finally hit it big, and people FINALLY know. They will only get bigger from this new album.

you guys are taken this way to seriously, since they are not on tour yet, this is simply pre touring stuff, so there setlist is likely to change! And allen says it himself "SEE YOU DURING THE PARADISE LOST TOUR" either or, Its a sweet list, would suck if it stayed that way though for obvious reasons!

Here some video footage of there show! \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUK6Jm634RM

Pretty kickass vid. I remember it being a little tighter last time I saw them, but that was well into the tour. Awesome considering that it's the first show in a long time. Russell is right on!

do you know if that is the setlist they are going to play throughout the whole tour?

that would be awesome.

I think it is a good bet that the setlist will stay the same all tour. Romeo is really anal about things sounding perfect, and from talking to Pinella, they would need to practice more new songs to put them in the set. This setlist is perfect as it is. Only 1 slow song, and mosty of the hits from the older albums, along with 3 or 4 new songs. I am still blown away, they are the greatest live band in the world. Being in the front row on Friday was so sick, words can not even begin to describe the experience properly. August cannot come soon enough so I can see them again!!

Oh yeah, and God bless whoever is putting new vids up on You Tube, it's about fuckin time we get to see some new live Symphony X Vids!!