Sex w/ last.fm

614200 Scrobbles since January 20th, 2006.

Went I hit that 1 million mark it's gonna be awesome lol.

So you just play stuff 24/7? By my math that's about 8 songs per hour, every hour, every day, of every year, for the last 9.5 years. I considered the possibility that you mostly listen to grindcore or very short video game tracks, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I've only started scrobbling since around the start of the year, and only what I play on my ipod. Pretty cool way of keeping track of what you play though.

Ha I've been on lastfm since I was like 16. Though I definitely stopped at one point but ended up resuming a few years later.

It really hasn't been working for me at all for the past few days. I do the majority of my music listening on my phone and it has not picked up any scrobbles from my iPhone. I thought it might've lost it or whatever because once in awhile that happens, but this is for way longer.

There's a cool app called "Equalizer" that has built in Last FM scrobbling - I've found it works pretty well.

So you just play stuff 24/7? By my math that's about 8 songs per hour, every hour, every day, of every year, for the last 9.5 years. I considered the possibility that you mostly listen to grindcore or very short video game tracks, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Yeah no grindcore lol, hate that shit

I think he actually does. Whenever I'm on Last.FM, he always seems to be scrobbling something.

... And Jesus Christ, I didn't realize I was listening to that much Anathema and Depeche Mode!

Yeah it's on mostly 24/7, but I'm here listening to it most of the time.

Meh, Last.fm has been acting up quite a bit as of late. Can't even access the site right now :(

Yeah it's on mostly 24/7, but I'm here listening to it most of the time.

Yeah that's dumb. You better be like this guy who's listened to like 5 tracks at once for a year or two to get to the million and then quit. Autism/OCD never stopz. The reason to this = unknown. I even messaged him about it.

Fuck last.FM tbh even on my phone. Don't need it. It'd just show up a bunch of dubstep as of the last few days anyways.

Hey Butt, what's some cool dark or heavy dubstep? Some of it has a kinda metal vibe that I dig.

Some good specific songs for you. Most of them with a really dark vibe, but all with very melodic, very heavy bass drops.

The Frim - Bassline Skanka
Excision - Brutal
Excision - X-Rated
Lord Swan3x - The Darkness
Lord Swan3x - Purge
Lord Swan3x - Ruin
Urban Assault - Drop the Bass
Fractal - Elements
eRowdy - Heisenberg
Zomboy - Deadweight
Zomboy - Dirty Disco
Zomboy - Pirate Hooker
Nato Feelz - Drop Bombs
Nato Feelz - Serenade
Omnitica - FL Studio Haters
SKisM - Experts
Virtual Riot - So Baked
Virtual Riot - Set the Place on Fire

Lemme know if any of these tickle your fancy.

Edit: Also I make dubstep that is pretty metallic; the mixing is pretty horrendous though and it sounds super weak, cause I hadn't yet discovered the wonders of compression and proper EQing.

Some good specific songs for you. Most of them with a really dark vibe, but all with very melodic, very heavy bass drops.

The Frim - Bassline Skanka
Excision - Brutal
Excision - X-Rated
Lord Swan3x - The Darkness
Lord Swan3x - Purge
Lord Swan3x - Ruin
Urban Assault - Drop the Bass
Fractal - Elements
eRowdy - Heisenberg
Zomboy - Deadweight
Zomboy - Dirty Disco
Zomboy - Pirate Hooker
Nato Feelz - Drop Bombs
Nato Feelz - Serenade
Omnitica - FL Studio Haters
SKisM - Experts
Virtual Riot - So Baked
Virtual Riot - Set the Place on Fire

Lemme know if any of these tickle your fancy.

Edit: Also I make dubstep that is pretty metallic; the mixing is pretty horrendous though and it sounds super weak, cause I hadn't yet discovered the wonders of compression and proper EQing.

I've never been into dubstep that much, but I find the sounds they can do is pretty fucking awesome. But these tracks are sick.

End of year chart:

21m91g0.png

Might be the first time non-metal overtook metal on the whole, although that may have happened in 2013 as well, can't remember.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I posted my 2013 as well, definitely the first time.