Shadows Fall anyone?

I think they're pretty cool. I agree with some of the posts about song structure but I like them enough that I still listen to them more than a lot of the other stuff I have. The instrumentals are class

Shadows fall is really really terrible. like really awful. and pretty shitastic. When i hear them, i want to smash my face repeatedly on the kitchen sink. And when i think about them, i want to jab a rusty spoon up my nose and scoop out my brains with it so that i could no longer comprehend the horrendously cliched, subpar teen/angst metal that is torturing me inside and out when whatever moronic fanboy decides it would be good to listen to that filth at the time. thank you

LordHypnos said:
Shadows fall is really really terrible. like really awful. and pretty shitastic. When i hear them, i want to smash my face repeatedly on the kitchen sink. And when i think about them, i want to jab a rusty spoon up my nose and scoop out my brains with it so that i could no longer comprehend the horrendously cliched, subpar teen/angst metal that is torturing me inside and out when whatever moronic fanboy decides it would be good to listen to that filth at the time. thank you

when I see people like you and your messages, I want to do the same things you want.

you call Shadows Fall teen angst metal? excuse me but there is some real philosophy going on in their lyrics...

Shadows Fall is okay. I'm not crazy about The Art Of Balance, but Of One Blood kicked ass despite the shitty production. The riffs and melodies are awesome. The only thing I don't like is Brian Fair. He really is a sub par vocalist, with an overly high shrieky scream and poor clean vocals, if you can call them that. Killswitch are the same thing, but much better vocals, and a lot of their melodies are catchier. Neither can touch Opeth, of course...

anonymousnick2001 said:
Shadows Fall is okay. I'm not crazy about The Art Of Balance, but Of One Blood kicked ass despite the shitty production. The riffs and melodies are awesome. The only thing I don't like is Brian Fair. He really is a sub par vocalist, with an overly high shrieky scream and poor clean vocals, if you can call them that. Killswitch are the same thing, but much better vocals, and a lot of their melodies are catchier. Neither can touch Opeth, of course...
Blasphemy, Killswitch's vocals are crap compared to SF :erk:

I fucking hate Killswitch Engage, and now that they have a new singer who isn't fit to shine Jesse's boots, they are about as crappy as a Metal band can get...give them a month and they'll be huge :Smug:

Shadows Fall are a pretty good metalcore band. Killswitch Engage are very mediocre metalcore though.. sounds like anyother metalcore group out there.

Judging them would be quite presumptuous for me as I only know one of their songs (the one that they played on tv in Germany)... but that song reminds me of Killswitch Engage: A Metalcore-Melodeath-Numetal mixture that isn't bad but not too appealing either.

shadows fall is definetly awesome. in my opinion, they are one of the best, if not the best "newer" bands to emerge in the metal scene. i love their style and the energy they give off, it's fuckin great. they are one of my top fav bands, without a doubt. i had a chance to see them perform a few songs, FOR FREE, at vvinyl in woodbridge, nj...but as my luck is presented, my car overheated on the way there, so i turned around and came home.

Shadow's Fall really surprised me with The Art of Balance; I wasn't expecting too much from it. They have a weird, half-modern, half-retro sound to them which I quite like. Killswitch are great too, except didn't the singer fuck up his voice box by growling wrong?

I saw Shadows Fall at Club Denim in Guelph, Ontario - which they opened up for Cradle of Filth.

Nothing too spectacular, really...like some have said, bad vocals, good solos and instrumentals. I like their acoustic stuff quite nice. But really, they are a little too hardcore of a band overall for my liking.

But in the end, they are withstandable and wouldn't really compare them to any of the shitty nu-metal bands. They are worthy of the title "metal."