Shadows Fall anyone?

Stephen

Under The Weeping Moon
Apr 29, 2001
Michigan
Visit site
Are there any Shadows Fall fans here? They are one of my favorites next to Opeth. They were actually supposed to tour with Opeth but they decided to go work on a new album instead. They kind of remind me of Opeth sometimes...with the clean/growling vocals and acoustic guitars. :loco:

Stephen said:
Are there any Shadows Fall fans here? They are one of my favorites next to Opeth. They were actually supposed to tour with Opeth but they decided to go work on a new album instead. They kind of remind me of Opeth sometimes...with the clean/growling vocals and acoustic guitars. :loco:

yeah they are some kickin' metal dude

i have 'of one blood' its very boring and repetitive, the production sucks, and the guys clean vocals sound like the dude from papa roach.

good guitarists though

I like the vocalist a lot actually, hes one of the few that can handle clean vocs live these days.
Hes also got a great sense of melody in his vocs.
I like the whole package that is Shadows Fall :p

One of my favorite bands, they are a little too hardcore(as in the genre) for some Metal fans but i love 'em. Great guitarists, the drumming(more so on Art of Balance) is awesome, and i like the vocals a lot.

I like the whole package that is Shadows Fall
Same here

A common and yes cliched complaint about the quite brilliant Art Of Balance are the vocals. I just find them annoying enough to have the album on low rotation.
The Opeth comparison is off the mark. Maybe Exodus in particular, and Testament and Dark Angel would be more in line.
Their music reminds me of the heyday of thrash ( I am showing my age) with that necessary contemporary edge. His clean voice is great. The snarl/growl call it what you will ......shit you bastard I will have to put it on right now.

]Love them. Reminds me of the good old 80's thrash movement.

Matt

PS. We need more bands like this.

I totally agree.

And if Shadows Fall is mall-core (which it most obviously is not) I think Exodus needs to be called 80's style thrash mall core with someone who had a passing similarity to Bon Scott on vocals, or some other stupid assessment.

Shadows Fall is thrash metal. Great rhythmic thrash metal and I fuckin love it.

narcisco said:
mbarys said:
Love them. Reminds me of the good old 80's thrash movement.

Matt

PS. We need more bands like this.

I totally agree.

And if Shadows Fall is mall-core (which it most obviously is not) I think Exodus needs to be called 80's style thrash mall core with someone who had a passing similarity to Bon Scott on vocals, or some other stupid assessment.

Shadows Fall is thrash metal. Great rhythmic thrash metal and I fuckin love it.
Agreed.